Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Any chance you could update your custom SSDT to include the front USB ports? I took a look at Rehabman's guide to create a custom one, but I found it to be quite advanced and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna screw something up on my system if I decide to follow it...

I wish I could help, but I have nothing to connect to the internal USB.

Brew some coffee and start reading the guide very carefully :) Ask questions in that thread. RehabMan is active as usual and replies quickly.

Here is my SSDT-UIAC-source.dsl — https://d.pr/f/S2xYDf

Basically, you need to figure out what port is external USB, add it to my SSDT-UIAC-source.dsl and compile it.

I'm gonna screw something up on my system

It's harmless. But if something goes wrong, remove your custom SSDT.

Last edited:
Hi I've very similar build like your, except the graphic card. Do you enable XMP in your bios? if you do you have usb drive ejected during sleep, and have to press keyboard twice to wake it?

Last edited:
Do you enable XMP in your bios

Yes, XMP is enabled in BIOS.

and if you do you have USB drive ejected during sleep

«Disk not ejected properly» after wake up. But as I know, it is a common macOS problem. The same happens with my real Mac's.
I read somewhere that the reason for this may be XMP. A few months ago I tested Hack without XMP but didn't notice any difference.

UPD: it works without XMP! I will try to overclock my memory manually. Will see what happens

and have to press keyboard twice to wake it?

I have to press it just once with and without XMP.

Last edited:
So, here is how BCM94360CS2 look like in the real world.

The converter has three breaking points, so you can remove everything that sticks out, and you don't need. I removed two from three, so all construction can fit my SFF case.

BCM94360CS2 compare to native Intel adapter.
View attachment 354517

You can't use antennas included with the motherboard, because stock WiFi-adapter has different connectors. That's why I ordered another external antenna that is compatible with this card. Hope they will work better :)

Mine looked like that.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...card-into-a-ga-z370n-wifi-motherboard.259300/
But I was able to use the existing antenna connectors with the new airport card.

Hi I've very similar build like your, except the graphic card. Do you enable XMP in your bios? if you do you have usb drive ejected during sleep, and have to press keyboard twice to wake it?

Disabling XMP fixed the with USB drives during sleep. But after manual overclocking, I have the same problem, «Disk not ejected properly».

But, my new Geekbench score is impressive :)

xmp.png

manual.png

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

that doesn't sound that prommising ?

Disabling XMP fixed the with USB drives during sleep. But after manual overclocking, I have the same problem, «Disk not ejected properly».

But, my new Geekbench score is impressive :)

That's impressive score you have there, same thing happen to me without X.M.P my geekbench score drop quite significant. So I guess I will just keep it enable, since ejected during sleep is common for typical mac machine as well. Thanks a lot :clap:

Back