Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Currently building in NFC S4M Skyreach but considering a Dan A4 so I can go with an RX 580 or another non-ITX sized card.
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/skyreach-s4m-brickless-minimalist-build.7176/

b166ar: Just out of interest; my BCM card and adaptor directly on the Z370 - did you have to make modifications when you mounted it or? I just removed the shielding/case and it was OK.

This post should answer you question :)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...70n-rx560-16gb-ram.260337/page-5#post-1819203

Is sleep working on your build? Mine is similar, and sleep was good on high Sierra, but now I have upgraded to Mojave it wakes immediately after sleep

Is sleep working on your build? Mine is similar, and sleep was good on high Sierra, but now I have upgraded to Mojave it wakes immediately after sleep

Yes, everything works. Chacke my pmset and config.plist from my main post.

Yes, everything works. Chacke my pmset and config.plist from my main post.

Would you mind trying to enable standby? That's what it colloquially referred to as sleep; in that RAM is powered but the CPU is not. Does it enter standby a few seconds after you sleep from the apple menu? Does it wake immediately after sleep?

thanks

Would you mind trying to enable standby? That's what it colloquially referred to as sleep; in that RAM is powered but the CPU is not. Does it enter standby a few seconds after you sleep from the apple menu? Does it wake immediately after sleep?

thanks

Sure, I will try later today.

thanks

So, I haven’t noticed any difference yet with standby=1. Hack falls asleep automatically and when I force it to sleep. No reboots after sleep etc. There were no problems during short sleep sessions. I’m going to track the sleep during the night and will update you in the morning.

So, I haven’t noticed any difference yet with standby=1. Hack falls asleep automatically and when I force it to sleep. No reboots after sleep etc. There were no problems during short sleep sessions. I’m going to track the sleep during the night and will update you in the morning.

No problem during a long sleep. I'm going to use standby=1 from now.

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 8.16.56 AM.png

hello, b166ar, i'm using your efi folder, my build quiet similar with your, only i'm using i5-8400, currently i'm having problem, i use dual monitor (dell u3415w-DP and dell u2417h-hdmi), but only hdmi port is working, dp always sleep, could you help me? quiet confused with this...

Back