Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

It should. Maximum supported length is 175mm. This Vega is 170mm. But, I need more powerful PSU for that. This Vega can easily have short peaks up to 380 Watt when overclocked!

Yes, it seems that 1u psu cannot have more power.

Recently, I am also planning to build a hackintosh with similar specs to yours.
May I know if the replacement of WIFI card has the potential to conflict with others.
Since it seems to need to remove the original metal box and will be higher than a naive wifi card if we use a converter.

Thanks.

Yes, it seems that 1u psu cannot have more power.

Recently, I am also planning to build a hackintosh with similar specs to yours.
May I know if the replacement of WIFI card has the potential to conflict with others.
Since it seems to need to remove the original metal box and will be higher than a naive wifi card if we use a converter.

Thanks.

Yes, I had to remove this case completely. But the card is stable in the slot without additional support. So no problem with that. I can close side panel too.

Later tonight I can make a picture of it, if you want.

Yes, I had to remove this case completely. But the card is stable in the slot without additional support. So no problem with that. I can close side panel too.

Later tonight I can make a picture of it, if you want.
Yes, it will be helpful. Thanks so much.

Yes, it will be helpful. Thanks so much.

So, here is how BCM94360CS2 look like in the real world.

The converter has three breaking points, so you can remove everything that sticks out, and you don't need. I removed two from three, so all construction can fit my SFF case.

It sticks out for 50mm from the motherboard PCB.
IMG_0272.jpeg

I used two pieces of foam to hold it in place.
IMG_0274.jpeg

BCM94360CS2 compare to native Intel adapter.
IMG_0278.jpeg

As I mentioned before, I have a weak Bluetooth signal with antennas included with BCM94360CS2. So I have to make this funny hare-ears to make it work better :)
antennas.gif

You can't use antennas included with the motherboard, because stock WiFi-adapter has different connectors. That's why I ordered another external antenna that is compatible with this card. Hope they will work better :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing your files. I am just surprised how similar my build is to yours (except that I have an i5-8400 and 32 GB RAM). I even considered ordering the same case, but I was afraid it would take 3+ months to arrive and ended up getting a Node 202. Are you in the US? How long did it take for the case to get to you?

I am just waiting for my RX 560 to arrive, but in the meanwhile I am configuring my USB boot installer and your thread will save me a TON of time. Thanks again for sharing.

Thank you very much for sharing your files. I am just surprised how similar my build is to yours (except that I have an i5-8400 and 32 GB RAM). I even considered ordering the same case, but I was afraid it would take 3+ months to arrive and ended up getting a Node 202. Are you in the US? How long did it take for the case to get to you?

I am just waiting for my RX 560 to arrive, but in the meanwhile I am configuring my USB boot installer and your thread will save me a TON of time. Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks!

I'm from Ukraine, and this case is made in Ukraine too. I ordered it in April, and it arrived early September. 4.5 months of waiting...

I like the size and thermals, but not happy with PSU. Next time I will buy something with SFX PSU like Node 202, Dan 4A or Ghost S1.

Last edited:
Do you have both ethernet ports working with IntelMausiEthernet.kext?

I know that each ethernet port in this motherboard is controlled by a different chip, but I don't know if IntelMausiEthernet.kext provides drivers for both chips...

And one more question: do you get temperature and fan speed readings for your RX 560 with FakeSMC?

Last edited:
Do you have both ethernet ports working with IntelMausiEthernet.kext?

I know that each ethernet port in this motherboard is controlled by a different chip, but I don't know if IntelMausiEthernet.kext provides drivers for both chips...

Only the left port works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext. The right one is not.

And one more question: do you get temperature and fan readings for your RX 560 with FakeSMC?

GPU Die temperature:
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 6.34.18 PM.png

GPU and memory usage:
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 6.37.09 PM.png

But no fan speed.

Back