Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Having used it some more I am having issues with sleep. I can manually sleep and wake, but it never enters sleep automatically as it did with High Sierra. Also if I manually sleep and let it sit overnight when I come back the machine is unresponsive and the fans are at 100%
Did you make additional changes to make sleep work consistently?

Having used it some more I am having issues with sleep. I can manually sleep and wake, but it never enters sleep automatically as it did with High Sierra. Also if I manually sleep and let it sit overnight when I come back the machine is unresponsive and the fans are at 100%
Did you make additional changes to make sleep work consistently?

I didn’t have this issue. Everything seams to work ok. But I had an issue with long sleep in HS, computer just woke up. I have not tested it yet with Mojave. Will try it tonight.

Show me your pmset -g from Terminal.

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 1
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 15 (sleep prevented by sharingd, mds_stores)
autopoweroffdelay 28800
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 15
tcpkeepalive 1
Standby Battery Threshold 50
standbydelaylow 0​

I haven't changed anything between HS and the upgrade, but maybe something is out of whack after the upgrade.
here is the pmset -g log

2018-09-27 21:05:48 +0200 : Showing all currently held IOKit power assertions
Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 1
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
InternalPreventDisplaySleep 1
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
NetworkClientActive 0
Listed by owning process:
pid 353(sharingd): [0x00001a62000186ba] 00:02:15 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Handoff"
pid 58(powerd): [0x00001a9f00108444] 00:01:14 InternalPreventDisplaySleep named: "com.apple.powermanagement.delayDisplayOff"
Timeout will fire in 225 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff
pid 100(hidd): [0x00001a3e000986b0] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle.4295000022.3"
Timeout will fire in 900 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
Kernel Assertions: 0xc=USB,BT-HID
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970, 01.00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14100000 owner=USB Receiver
id=501 level=255 0x4=USB mod=01/01/1970, 01.00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14400000 owner=Ext HDD 1021
id=505 level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=01/01/1970, 01.00 description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=AppleHSBluetoothDevice
id=506 level=255 0x8=BT-HID mod=01/01/1970, 01.00 description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=AppleHSBluetoothDevice
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler​

Hm...Similar to my config. I also set autopoweroff=0. Try another Darkwake options.

I noticed that there is a new option in Mojave — proximitywake. Need to figure out what is that for. Here is a discussion on ******.

Last edited:
Tried darkwake=2 and now it sleeps as per the energy settings as in HS. I’ll leave it overnight night and check back.

Great! With darkwake=2 mine slept for 5h without a problem too.

Mine sleeps - I guess - however when I press the keyboard or the power button it comes back from a complete power off; I see the BIOS post and the machine boots fine. It doesn't seem like it's crashed as the OS doesn't state anything.

Mine sleeps - I guess - however when I press the keyboard or the power button it comes back from a complete power off; I see the BIOS post and the machine boots fine. It doesn't seem like it's crashed as the OS doesn't state anything.

That's exactly what I experience before.
I will test an 8h sleep in a few hours with autopoweroff=0 and proximitywake=0. Previous 5h sleep was ok.

I just disabled autopoweroff even though it's default value seems to state that after 8 hours it will kick in. However that was not the case for me; manually entering sleep after 1 min also did it. It seems that now it automatically sleeps after the monitor goes to sleep (what I want) and also if I do it manually. Will test over night with 8+ hours :)

With latest Lilu and WhatEvergreen, I found that Inject Intel and ig-platform-id are not longer necessary for my build (RX580 + iGPU). You can try if you want to remove some useless entries on Clover.

I really like your build (the only thing that jars a bit is the brown Noctua fan) :)
Do you know if removing Inject Intel and the ig-platform-id would work on a Gigabyte Z270XP-SLI with an i7-7700k? I seem to recall reading that will only work on the Coffee Lake procs...any thoughts?

Back