Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

I found that the problem was a setting in Boom3D a sound enhancer program. Now BT works!
Also there is no boot delay with my Samsung 970 evo nvme. I have put SetApfsTrimTimeout to 0 in Kernel quirks. With this I am bypassing trim I don’t know the effect on my drive but there is no delay
Thanks

Last edited:
@inarush I am not able to airdrop from my Hack to my iPhone or iPad but reverse is possible. Please refer to this post which describes the same problem. AirDrop Problem Link

Also when I eject the EFI it gives error that it is in use by some other programs. Are you facing such problems? Any solution? EFI Problem Link

Last edited:
@inarush I am not able to airdrop from my Hack to my iPhone or iPad but reverse is possible. Please refer to this post which describes the same problem. AirDrop Problem Link

Also when I eject the EFI it gives error that it is in use by some other programs. Are you facing such problems? Any solution? EFI Problem Link
Yes, the one-way airdrop issue has been reported by multiple users: check out this link.

As far as I know there is no official fix. I personally faced this issue as well, but updating to Ventura 13.0.1 last week solved it. Give it a try.

Yes, the one-way airdrop issue has been reported by multiple users: check out this link.

As far as I know there is no official fix. I personally faced this issue as well, but updating to Ventura 13.0.1 last week solved it. Give it a try.
I am already on 13.0.1, so for you two way airdrop works? and what about the EFI eject error. Are you using bluetoolfixup.kext?

Hi everyone
I have several disks with different mac installations on them
From the bios I know how to choose which hard drive I want to boot
but since opencore I don't know how to do it
Can someone explain to me how to choose to boot from the hard drive I want.
Thank you

the solution is quite simple
from system preferences
Boot disk

Can someone please shade some light on SMBIOS variations for this Mother Board like should we choose
Mac Pro 1,1 and other variants
iMac 18,1/18,2/19,1/19.2

I have always used 18.1 and currently 19.1

Hey,guys! I came across a good deal on i9 9900k and made a decision to get it.
WechatIMG2.jpeg

I didn't change anything in EFI, and it just works, right away recognized by system.
WechatIMG1.jpeg

I've started to benchmarking it and compare to my previous i7 8700, expecting it to be crazy hot, so I thought I'd get a second fan for my Black Ridge CPU cooler, but surprisingly it runs cooler than i7 8700 and the performance isn't the greatest - but better than i7 8700.
Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 19.49.57.jpg
the geekbench 5 score also isn't really overwhelming.
Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 19.54.35.jpg
I noticed that Intel Power Gadget shows maximum TDP right below 95W(for i9), so I guess there's a power limit set. Just to be sure I checked benchmarks under Windows 10 - same.

So gotta disable TDP power limit, tried to google it and found how to do it in BIOS under M.I.T, "advanced cpu core settings" changed "Package Power Limit" from auto to 150watts (just to see if there's a difference), also changed "core current limit" to higher value. And nothing changed in terms of TDP. Will do further research for sure, but maybe some people can relate to this problem?

I see that @petro uses i9 9900k in his build, did you do anything specific to unleash the power of it?

Back