Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

„But why do you call it „Big Smurf“?“
„Because its design is intended for smurf usage – both technically and UI-wise – that’s why.“
To quote Youtuber Peter Paul Chato commenting on the default wallpaper...
"It looks like a clown barfed on my LCD screen."

Screen Shot 26.jpg

Thanks for sharing
I have used your dsdt
in one of the lines it tells me that the driver is not installed
"Intel corporation, series chipset gaussian mixtura model"
You know how to tell me what I am missing

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-05-30 a las 14.01.32.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-05-30 a las 14.01.32.png
    528 KB · Views: 67
There any good reason to move up to F13 BIOS?

Yes. Read this thread to find out why, it has been discussed multiple times.

Found it - sounds like a security thing and a good idea - going to give it a go now.

Have people on the z370n-wifi with a Coffee Lake CPU needed the patch?

I saw @pastrychef say he never needed the patch for the updated BIOS on his builds.
Anyone else have experiences either way on this MoBo?

Thx

Last edited:
@Rajkhand thanks for sharing it and sorry for the incredibly slow response - my Hackintosh is my production computer and I need to be careful not to risk any important project.

With your USBPorts.kext I got all the rear USB ports working and providing full energy when charging phones etc. I even managed to updated my Big Sur version 11.2.3 to the latest 11.5.2 without any glitches in USB ports.

However, none of the front ports are working. If it's not too much to ask, would you be able to map the following ports?

Code:
HS01/SS01 - Bottom front USB2
HS02/SS02 - Top front USB2

#HS03/SS03 - Bottom port # This is removed
#HS04/SS04 - Top port # This is removed

HS06/SS06 - Top port
HS05/SS05 - Second top port
HS08/SS08 - Second bottom port
HS07/SS07 - Bottom port

HS09/SS09
HS10 - Bluetooth

Thanks a lot buddy!

@Rajkhand thanks for sharing it and sorry for the incredibly slow response - my Hackintosh is my production computer and I need to be careful not to risk any important project.

With your USBPorts.kext I got all the rear USB ports working and providing full energy when charging phones etc. I even managed to updated my Big Sur version 11.2.3 to the latest 11.5.2 without any glitches in USB ports.

However, none of the front ports are working. If it's not too much to ask, would you be able to map the following ports?

Code:
HS01/SS01 - Bottom front USB2
HS02/SS02 - Top front USB2

#HS03/SS03 - Bottom port # This is removed
#HS04/SS04 - Top port # This is removed

HS06/SS06 - Top port
HS05/SS05 - Second top port
HS08/SS08 - Second bottom port
HS07/SS07 - Bottom port

HS09/SS09
HS10 - Bluetooth

Thanks a lot buddy!
just try this out and test as the name suggests. it does not have the USB C. if this works I'll be able to give you what you want Very Important your SMBIOS should be 19,1 if it is different give that value as this kext depends on it. Port 11 is front side USB 2

Attachments

• USBPorts-Ports 1-2 5to8 and 10-11.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
just try this out and test as the name suggests. it does not have the USB C. if this works I'll be able to give you what you want Very Important your SMBIOS should be 19,1 if it is different give that value as this kext depends on it. Port 11 is front side USB 2
Many thanks for the prompt response @Rajkhand!

However, even with your kext the front ports still won't respond to any device connected. It's not hardware malfunction since they work fine on the Windows partition.

I wonder if I have to make any changes on the .aml files as well?

@inarush ok it works now on my computer!!!
Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 9.29.07 pm.png

USB 3 =1,5,6,7,8 5x2=10
USB C =9 2
USB 2 = 2,11 (both front)2
Internal Bluetooth=10 1
Total 15 ports

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 66
@inarush So did it work for you? At least give some timely reaction so the people helping you know that their time and effort was worth it.

Back