Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No @Rajkhand .

It's fairly easy to go to Gigabyte's website and dig up the information yourself, isn't it?

How to map USB ports has been discussed a couple of pages back with a link provided.

His highness even liked that post for which reason I composed a special dedication for him which again can be found here. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can someone please provide information regarding the USB C port on this motherboard, what it can do its limitations etc. and how to map the port for USBPort kext
I did map it as the other port via Hackintool as USB-C+SW it should show as HS09, I only use it with a Nexus 6p android phone in USB tethers mode

Motherboard
AS Rock H77M ITX
CPU
3.39 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
I advise you to upgrade to BIOS version F13 (F14a is beta). The problem is not in memory most likely. The only problem that the non-standard memory of Imac 19.1 (2666) is to double-click the mouse or keyboard to leave Sleep mode.

Btw, this EFI developed by me with the help of colleagues works properly in the F13 version of the BIOS. That's because it incorporates 300 series RTC patch after the F10 Bios update. You can also go back to Clover if you don't feel safe to update the BIOS. But I assure you that it is a simple and painless process.

If the problem persists after the procedure I will need your boot log.

Source: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#acpi

@rrviega
Thanks for your help so far. I updated to F13 and made the changes to setup_var 54A and 507 as discussed earlier, which worked and now doesnt. I updated to the debug version of oc to get the log but no luck. Done various resets, updates and still unstable.

Would you be willing to share you bios? I think you can save your profile? That would be great to test.

Motherboard
GA Z370N WiFi
CPU
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
This is super late. I tried the Hackintool method for USB mapping, but unsuccessful until I gave up for some time, in the end I just prevented the computer from sleeping all together. Recently I updated to 10.15.7 with Clover 5122, but had trouble with SIP. In the end I migrated to OpenCore instead. SIP now works great.

I mapped the USB with the method described on Dortania's guide. But still the same the screen stays off during sleep, however, the CPU cooler fan will spin up every few minutes. I suspect is to do with my "com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]... Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by mds[126]". It can use up to 1% of my CPU. My guess is to do with autoupdate with some programs like Chrome and Microsoft office. I wonder if there are guides to optimise and troubleshoot after Hackintosh installation.

Another thing, I was going through people's OC config.plist, and noticed extensive DeviceProperties settings, the Dortania's guide didn't really say much about it for Coffee Lake. I was wondering if there are guides for setting these. Thanks!

Motherboard
AS Rock H77M ITX
CPU
3.39 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
@rrviega

To close out on the above.... After relentless testing, i found out that the issue was a faulty PSU. I have an external PSU and replaced the barrel connector and found out that it was tripping. I changed it and it worked dandily.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8086k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated to 0.6.1 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Big Sur Public Beta (20A5354i) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb).
Updated to 0.6.2 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb). DRM Content on Safari 14 (Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur) is broken even on some "real" macs. Use another web browser instead to avoid this issue (with shikigva=80).

@rrviega

To close out on the above.... After relentless testing, i found out that the issue was a faulty PSU. I have an external PSU and replaced the barrel connector and found out that it was tripping. I changed it and it worked dandily.
I'm glad you solved your problem. Sorry for my absense, friend.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.2 MB · Views: 91
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hack Mini iGPU only EFI (see signature).

Tested with 10.14.6 Mojave and 10.15.7 Crapalina.
Working with 11.0.1 Big Smurf according to @petro's post below.
OC not tested yet.

• DSDT (patched by MaLd0n)

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-FIX ACPI ERRORS
-REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES
-HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER
-SATA SERIE ID
-DMAC
-REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED
-FIX K.P in REBOOT
-NVRAM
-REAL TIME CLOCK
-SLPB
-DARWIN / WINDOWS
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDEF
-ARTC
-IPIC
-TIMR
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-UAR1
-LAN
-FWHD
-USBX
-PMCR
-PPMC
-XSPI
-GMM
-kUSBCompanionIndex
-io-device-location
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-ARPT
-GFX0
-NVME
-ACPI-WAKE-GPE
-DTGP
-ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF
-MUTEX MUT0 0x00
-EXTERNAL REFERENCES
-UNKNOWNOBJ
-HDMI / HDAU
-FULL RENAMED DEVICES

• Mapped USB Ports

Enabled: 15 ports consisting of all backside ports including USB-C and internal BRCM20702 Hub for WiFi/BT functionality

Disabled: all internal and frontside ports

Need different ports mapped?

See here, RTFM, DIY and don’t clutter this thread with things that already have been discussed.

• Native NVRAM
  • F13 BIOS
  • Clover r5126
  • Quirks in config.plist, OpenRuntime.efi in CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder
  • iMac 18,1 SysDef
  • Big Smurf Clover theme included in CLOVER/themes (currently set to "Catalina", change to "BigSur" in GUI section if desired)
  • DSDT should work with dGPU, try yourself. If using AMD Navi dGPU, remember to add "agdpmod=pikera" in boot-args or you get a black screen. And use iMac 19,1 or iMacPro 1,1 SysDef depending on whether you want to use your IGPU in headless mode.

Working: everything

Not working: -

Installation notes:

Due to significant changes in Clover it might be a good idea to install r5126 in EFI partition at first and paste in the EFI folder below afterwards (and before rebooting of course).

Paste in MLB, Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID.
Remove/adjust memory settings in config.plist (SMBIOS section) according to your own needs.

Side note:

„But why do you call it „Big Smurf“, rramon?“
„Because its design is intended for smurf usage – both technically and UI-wise – that’s why.“

Attachments

• Hack Mini_EFI_rramon.zip
    28.6 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hack Pro dGPU+iGPU EFI (see signature).

Tested with 10.14.6 Mojave and 10.15.7 Crapalina.
Working with 11.0.1 Big Smurf according to @petro's post below.
OC not tested yet.

• DSDT (patched by MaLd0n)

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-FIX ACPI ERRORS
-REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES
-HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER
-SATA SERIE ID
-DMAC
-REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED
-FIX K.P in REBOOT
-NVRAM
-REAL TIME CLOCK
-SLPB
-DARWIN / WINDOWS
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDEF
-ARTC
-IPIC
-TIMR
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-UAR1
-LAN
-FWHD
-USBX
-PMCR
-PPMC
-XSPI
-GMM
-kUSBCompanionIndex
-io-device-location
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-ARPT
-GFX0
-NVME
-ACPI-WAKE-GPE
-DTGP
-ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF
-MUTEX MUT0 0x00
-EXTERNAL REFERENCES
-UNKNOWNOBJ
-HDMI / HDAU
-FULL RENAMED DEVICES

• Mapped USB Ports

Enabled: 15 ports consisting of some backside ports including USB-C, internal BRCM20702 Hub for WiFi/BT functionality and internal USB 3 ports following this mapping layout if I recall correctly.

Disabled: some internal and backside ports

Need different ports mapped?

See here, RTFM, DIY and don’t clutter this thread with things that already have been discussed.

• Native NVRAM
  • F13 BIOS
  • Clover r5126
  • Quirks in config.plist, OpenRuntime.efi in CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder
  • iMac 19,1 SysDef with iGPU enabled in BIOS while running in headless mode
  • Fully functional dGPU RX 570. If using AMD Navi dGPU, remember to add "agdpmod=pikera" in boot-args or you get a black screen. And use iMac 19,1 or iMacPro 1,1 SysDef depending on whether you want to use your iGPU in headless mode.
  • Big Smurf Clover theme included in CLOVER/themes (currently set to "Mojave", change to "BigSur" in GUI section if desired)
  • shikigva=80 for DRM playback

Working: everything

Not working: -

Installation notes:

Due to significant changes in Clover it might be a good idea to install r5126 in EFI partition at first and paste in the EFI folder below afterwards (and before rebooting of course).

Paste in MLB, Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID.
Remove/adjust memory settings in config.plist (SMBIOS section) according to your own needs.

Side note:

„But why do you call it „Big Smurf“, rramon?“
„Because its design is intended for smurf usage – both technically and UI-wise – that’s why.“

Attachments

• Hack Pro_EFI_rramon.zip
    19.9 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z370N wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Upgraded to Big Sur successfully. OC 0.6.3

My experience was that it takes 40+ minutes to upgrade from Catalina. The first boot seems as if it is stuck at around 2-4% no SSD lights will flicker no movement of the progress bar for 20-25 minute but it will continue also the same behaviour in the second boot around 80-90%. Have patience and wait. I didn't had to select from which drive to boot OC in this regard is very good, once you select upgrade no intervention is required till when you have to enter your password at Big Sur login screen.

I use Dell 1560 m.2 card ( Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter) for wifi/BT so in the kext folder and in config you will see a bunch of kexts with BRCM word appearing in their name.

USBPort.kext mapping % 5-8 USB3 9 USB-C 10 BT internal 11 USB2

Use your own Serial no, boardID, SMBIOS etc. in config.plist under plateforminfo/Generic

I also have RX-570 GPU card so some modification required for that.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    60.4 MB · Views: 189
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Regarding fresh Big Smurf installation using Clover /w USB installer:

Remember to unhide Preboot partition in your config.plist or you might run into issues during installation process.

Apart from this I'm sharing an interesting post about creating custom boot entries – in general, this is worth understanding and specifically useful for EFI copypastecats.

Big Sur related hints:

Last edited: