Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Anyone did a compatibility/comparison between the iMac19,1 vs iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. With a dedicated GPU it seems more natural to disable the internal GPU especially with the newer 5000 series.

I don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve with Clover Configurator if you‘re interested in a transition to OC.

As you don‘t reference to a specific post being an embedded link I can’t help you.
clover configurator is what I understand to an extent and is a referrence point for me. OC is something I have to understand and learn, the above question is from your own config.plist, I presumed you will know the purpose so I asked the question.

I'm fully recovered, guys. I am following the challenges of the new OS closely. I already have the schema ready here in this first version, but I will only release the EFI with the distribution of the Golden Master. So don't worry, Hackintosh will be at least in the next 5-7 years.

@rrviega in your #777 EFI, why do you have 5 ACPI patches? None of them are needed, and OpenCore recommend against them.

Why do you add devices for so many of the devices? Just to name them? The only ones that are necessary are internal graphics (to inject ig-platform-id), the DGPU (for shikigva flag) and I choose to inject layout-id for audio rather than use a boot parameter.

What BIOS version do you use? I'm still on F10 and it uses RTC so SSDT-AWAC isn't necessary. I believe later BIOS versions switch to AWAC though.

Updated to 0.5.9 + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU.
Updated to 0.6.0 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb).
Removed no longer needed ACPI patches. Thanks, @slippyr4.

Attachments

• OC 0.6.0.zip
    58.3 MB · Views: 231
  • OC 0.6.0 For BIG SUR PB 1.zip
    58.3 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Hack Mini IGPU only EFI (see signature).

Works with Mojave, Crapalina and possibly upcoming OS.
Should work with OC (not tested yet).

• DSDT (patched by MaLd0n)

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS
-FIX ACPI ERRORS
-REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES
-HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER
-SATA SERIE ID
-DMAC
-REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED
-FIX K.P in REBOOT
-NVRAM
-REAL TIME CLOCK
-SLPB
-DARWIN / WINDOWS
-XHCI
-PLUGIN TYPE
-HDEF
-ARTC
-IPIC
-TIMR
-SBUS
-BUS1
-MCHC
-ALS0
-SHUTDOWN
-UAR1
-LAN
-FWHD
-USBX
-PMCR
-PPMC
-XSPI
-GMM
-kUSBCompanionIndex
-io-device-location
-IMEI
-EC
-PNLF
-ARPT
-GFX0
-NVME
-ACPI-WAKE-GPE
-DTGP
-ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF
-MUTEX MUT0 0x00
-EXTERNAL REFERENCES
-UNKNOWNOBJ
-HDMI / HDAU
-FULL RENAMED DEVICES

• Mapped USB Ports

Enabled: all backside ports
Disabled: all internal and frontside ports

Need different ports mapped?
See here.

• Native NVRAM
  • F13 BIOS
  • Clover r5120
  • OCQuirks r23
  • iMac 18,1 SysDef
  • DSDT should work with dGPU, try yourself

Working:
Everything

Not working:
-

Paste in MLB, Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID.
Remove/adjust memory settings in config.plist (SMBIOS section) according to your own needs.
one clarification, in for config the ACPI patch which is required for booting for BIOS >10 is disabled, why?

Updated to 0.6.0 + Kexts + Open Canopy GUI. Tested on Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73) with F13 BIOS and SMBIOS 19,1. IGPU + GPU (rx 580 8gb).
Removed no longer needed ACPI patches. Thanks, @slippyr4.
Guys, I upload a new EFI, for testing purposes on Big Sur. I'm already testing on another hard drive (20A5343j). You probably will need a reset on nvram to boot big Sur after the install in case you upgrade over Catalina. I strongly recommend that you test the Big Sur on another hard drive.

Almost everything works, except DRM content.

Last edited:
That’s amazing news @rrviega :clap:
Where does allownvramreset=yes needs to be added exactly in config.plist?
Config.plist>Misc>Security>AllowNvramReset YES. Btw, I uploaded a better EFI, for testing purposes. I spent the whole afternoon installing and reinstalling Big Sur. A newly posted compilation is the one I'm using now. After installation you can remove all Boot-Args. This is it.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-08-07 às 19.47.11.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-08-07 às 19.47.11.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Guys, I upload a new EFI, for testing purposes on Big Sur. I'm already testing on another hard drive (20A5343j). You probably will need a reset on nvram to boot big Sur after the install in case you upgrade over Catalina. I strongly recommend that you test the Big Sur on another hard drive.

Almost everything works, except DRM content.
Amazing job, thank you very much for sharing @rrviega. I have been postponing the migration to OpenCore for quite a long time, but once Big Sur is officially released I will definitely do a clean install on my hackintosh using OC.

Just one thing: would you consider creating a new topic with your guide to installing Big Sur with OC? That would be extremely helpful and probably a very popular topic among the Z370N owners, since this topic seems to be abandoned by the OP.

Sure, this index post would need continuous maintenance and we would have to ask one of the moderators whether it’s possible to insert a index or exchange a post like #2 composed by @Stork (no offense here).
The index should go in the OP. However, @b166ar would have to maintain it.

Back