Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Motherboard
GA-Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi b1,
first of all, thanks for your work and great guide, made my Mojave install way easier then my HS install last year.
Unfortunately I am having a problem with my BCM94360CS2 Wifi card. As long as I do not deactivate Wifi before sleep or disconnect the known wifi, the Computer will wake after a few seconds. Wake Reason XDCI. Otherwise it sleeps like a rock.
I am not quite sure but this might be an USB issue. I made a custom USBPorts.kext for working front USB ports HS01/02 and SS01/02 not exceeding the 15 port limit and set HS10 to internal and deactivating HS03/04 and SS03/04 completely. See enclosed.
Using the same Powermanagement settings you do.

I bought 2 cards from the same seller you did. Having the problem with both cards.
Powernap, Wake for Wifi deactivated in Settings and no other Devices connected. WOL deactivated

Did you have similar issues?

Im currently on Mac 18,3 10.14.5 beta 4
GA Z370N Wifi
i7 8700
Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 ROG Strix OC

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370N
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi b1,
first of all, thanks for your work and great guide, made my Mojave install way easier then my HS install last year.
Unfortunately I am having a problem with my BCM94360CS2 Wifi card. As long as I do not deactivate Wifi before sleep or disconnect the known wifi, the Computer will wake after a few seconds. Wake Reason XDCI. Otherwise it sleeps like a rock.
I am not quite sure but this might be an USB issue. I made a custom USBPorts.kext for working front USB ports HS01/02 and SS01/02 not exceeding the 15 port limit and set HS10 to internal and deactivating HS03/04 and SS03/04 completely. See enclosed.
Using the same Powermanagement settings you do.

I bought 2 cards from the same seller you did. Having the problem with both cards.
Powernap, Wake for Wifi deactivated in Settings and no other Devices connected. WOL deactivated

Did you have similar issues?

Im currently on Mac 18,3 10.14.5 beta 4
GA Z370N Wifi
i7 8700
Asus Radeon RX Vega 64 ROG Strix OC
I also have some glitches with USB after updating to 10.14.5 betas. Did your WiFi work with 10.14.4?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370N
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, run without problems.
Ok, so what I know now, the USBPorts.kext doesn't work in 10.14.5 betas. Try an "old" USB implementation — custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. This method fixed all USB issues for my build.

Just use attached files and delete USBPorts.kext and SSDT-EC.aml/SSDT-USBX.aml.

I will try fix USBPorts.kext on the stable 10.14.5.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
My last answer disappeared somehow.
You can try...
Thanks, unfortunately no luck for me.

I also have some glitches with USB after updating to 10.14.5 betas. Did your WiFi work with 10.14.4?
Can't tell only used LAN til now and went to 10.14.5 because of better Vega support.

Ok, so what I know now, the USBPorts.kext doesn't work in 10.14.5 betas. Try an "old" USB implementation — custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext. This method fixed all USB issues for my build.

Just use attached files and delete USBPorts.kext and SSDT-EC.aml/SSDT-USBX.aml.

I will try fix USBPorts.kext on the stable 10.14.5.
Thanks a lot, that seemed to fix it. Will need some more testing but now sleep works with enabled Wifi and Bluetooth stays available after wake after I switched back to 18,3 from 19,1
Hope it'll work again.
Im using your SSDT now with front USB HS/SS1+2 instead of HS/SS3+4 USB next to LAN Port

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hello, just out of curiosity, I have never been able to start with device=923E0000 as you have, it always fails me and you are not the only one.

It only works well with device=9B3E, we have the same motherboard, I only have iGPU.
I think it should work but I can only with that configuration, I don't know why.

I'm curious why my system works perfectly.:think:

I have the same case, but aluminum (this one is from steel). Any ITX motherboard will fit. PSU300 will be enough for any CPU + RX590 or Vega 56.

But, I am not a fan of flex power supplies:

1. You need to mod it to work with consumer motherboards;
2. Make custom cables; standard cables will not fit the case;
3. Change build in fan; the standard is very noisy;
4. Selling it in the future is impossible.

Mine died in 2 months, so now I'm using Corsair SF600...

This guy has a little bigger version of this case for SFX PSU's like Corsair RX600 or RX450. I recommend you buy this version.
Hello first sorry for the delay and secondly thank you so much for your reply.

As I understood this case is better to fit with a bigger PSU like your corsair SF600 right ?

I checked on the store is that this Case ?

If I take this case what kind of fan should I take ? I'm not going to add an extra graphic card as I just need to do some music composition.

Do you think an i5 processor will fit with the system (OSX) like this one INTEL® CORE™ i5-8400T ?

Thank you :)[/QUOTE]

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370N
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I checked on the store is that this Case ?
Yep.

I recommend you to choice version with hexagon holes. CPU fan will be less noisy with wide vents.

If I take this case what kind of fan should I take ? I'm not going to add an extra graphic card as I just need to do some music composition.
Noctua NH-L9i will be great for this case. I use it with i7-8700.

Do you think an i5 processor will fit with the system (OSX) like this one INTEL® CORE™ i5-8400T ?
This CPU is compatible and should have enough power for your needs.