Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
i5
Graphics
RX 570
Install and run EssentialsList.command. It will generate archive with «problem reporting» files on your /Desktop. Attached this archive to your post and I will take a look.

I've also experienced random reboots. But this was a PSU problem…

I did give it a try but I'm getting this

Code:
Something went wrong!
'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x86 in position 66910: ordinal not in range(128)

Done!

my psu is Cooler Master MasterWatt 550w.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon Nitro+ Rx 580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello b166ar,

Thank you in advance for assisting me in my attempt fresh install of Mojave. I used your EFI folder at https://d.pr/f/3OLqBY, however unfortunately I am still getting the same kernel panic/reboot error as before. This time, during my attempted installation of Mojave I captured the log window. It seems like there are (at least) two issues, detailed in the screenshots I've attached.
  1. Unable to get fs for /Volumes/Mojave
  2. Failed to set NVRAM property
Thank you so much for your time and support.

error.jpeg
log1.jpeg
log2.jpeg

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi b166ar,
I just installed a Fenvi FV-T919 BCM94360 BT/Wifi card and everything seems to be working.

However, my Mesasges app is sending all messages as SMS (green), not iMessage (blue). I've tested by just sending to an iPhone and same result.

Did you experience this or do you have any thoughts on how to make the hackintosh send as iMessage to other apple devices?

thanks,
Jordy

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370N
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi b166ar,
I just installed a Fenvi FV-T919 BCM94360 BT/Wifi card and everything seems to be working.

However, my Mesasges app is sending all messages as SMS (green), not iMessage (blue). I've tested by just sending to an iPhone and same result.

Did you experience this or do you have any thoughts on how to make the hackintosh send as iMessage to other apple devices?

thanks,
Jordy

Messages relay on WiFi card. But you should also check your settings and make sure that this function is turned on.

It will be better, if you make a new thread for this topic and this WiFi module.

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 1.16.15 PM.png

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370N
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello b166ar,

Thank you in advance for assisting me in my attempt fresh install of Mojave. I used your EFI folder at https://d.pr/f/3OLqBY, however unfortunately I am still getting the same kernel panic/reboot error as before. This time, during my attempted installation of Mojave I captured the log window. It seems like there are (at least) two issues, detailed in the screenshots I've attached.
  1. Unable to get fs for /Volumes/Mojave
  2. Failed to set NVRAM property
Thank you so much for your time and support.

View attachment 373553 View attachment 373554 View attachment 373555

Did you try to to format your drive before installation?

Also make sure that you are using BIOS F10. Try to reset it to factory default settings and then try to install macOS again.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon Nitro+ Rx 580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Did you try to to format your drive before installation?

Also make sure that you are using BIOS F10. Try to reset it to factory default settings and then try to install macOS again.
I am formatting my HD every time before attempted installation. MacOS Journaled GUID Partition. My Bios follow yours exactly...

I feel at a complete standstill :| Anything else you can possibly think of? Is there any information I can show you to assist in debugging this KP? I am well aware that Hackintosh requires a great deal of technical expertise and patience, however at this point I feel as though I have been more guessing & checking versus logical debugging.

I truly appreciate your time & support.

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am formatting my HD every time before attempted installation. MacOS Journaled GUID Partition.
Try formatting it FAT32 first then reformat again as macOS Ext. Journaled. That is the best way to make sure the drive gets wiped clean.

Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 AORUS PRO
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon Nitro+ Rx 580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Try formatting it FAT32 first then reformat again as macOS Ext. Journaled. That is the best way to make sure the drive gets wiped clean.
I followed your instructions but still the same outcome...

I've documented my experience with a video showing my BIOS setting, and the error logs leading up to the Kernel Panic. I will forever be indebted to whoever can help me resolve this issue!!!

Video capturing process & errors. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B7W5Gw1jMu9xAE9zq3Ikia1UTMZAE18k/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370N
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am formatting my HD every time before attempted installation. MacOS Journaled GUID Partition. My Bios follow yours exactly...

I feel at a complete standstill :| Anything else you can possibly think of? Is there any information I can show you to assist in debugging this KP? I am well aware that Hackintosh requires a great deal of technical expertise and patience, however at this point I feel as though I have been more guessing & checking versus logical debugging.

I truly appreciate your time & support.

Mojave requires APFS. macOS installer suppose to convert your disk automatically. Try to do it manually.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370N
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed your instructions but still the same outcome...

I've documented my experience with a video showing my BIOS setting, and the error logs leading up to the Kernel Panic. I will forever be indebted to whoever can help me resolve this issue!!!

Video capturing process & errors. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B7W5Gw1jMu9xAE9zq3Ikia1UTMZAE18k/view?usp=sharing

Ok, here is my recommendation based on your video.

1. Update BIOS to F10 (you have F5);
2. Chipset ▸ Internal Graphics = Enabled;
3. Peripherals ▸ Initial Display Output = iGFX;
4. Format your disk to APFS, not FAT and not macOS Extended.