Contribute
Register

[Success] b1's "Mac Mini Killer" with macOS Mojave: i7-8700 | Gigabyte Z370N | RX560 | 16GB RAM

Hi,
Attached please also find the system information of graphics part
Regards,
Ahkeung

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-27 at 2.08.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-27 at 2.08.41 PM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 102
Hi,
Attached please find the EssentialsList result.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Regards,
Ahkeung

Everything looks ok. Try to update Clover to the last version, but keep an aye on EFI drivers.

What is you BIOS settings. iGPU enabled?

Last edited:
Thank you for that explination. I can confirm my igpu is active and running as expected.

If you think of anything that might be causing my audio issue in fcpx, it would be greatly appreciated. My setup is similar to yours, but I have also tried using your exact setup from your latest github files...still having the same issue.

My setup is as follows:

MB: Gigabyte Z270
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580
CPU: i7 7700k
Bios: dgpu is primary, igpu is enabled, dvmt memory is 128 (all other bios settings are standard hackintosh)
EFI: same as you, located in L/E/...except fakeSMC in Clover/kext/other
Config.plist: mine is attached and is a little different from yours...but as I said, I did try your exact .plist with same results
Audio: I'm using a digidesign digi003 audio interface which uses firewire. no issues with sound that I have found (other than scrubbing clips in fcpx before dragging them to timeline)

Difficult to say. I never work with your motherboard. Your EFI folder is not exactly the same: some additional kexts, other efi drivers, old Clover version. Plus I'm not super familiar with Final Cut. Could this be a software bug or you need to enable some option? A lot of variables...

Have you tried the sound without digi003 audio interface?

Everything looks ok. Try to update Clover to the last version, but keep an aye on EFI drivers.

What is you BIOS settings. iGPU enabled?

Hi,
I can not find any iGPU settings. Attached please find my bios setting image.
Yes. And I do also spot the strange thing : system report show RX570 but Essential Script report RX480. Anything I can ensure the system is running the driver for RX570 ?
Regards,
Ahkeung

Attachments

• 20181027_145143.jpg
    20181027_145143.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
  • 20181027_145155.jpg
    20181027_145155.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 85
Hi,
I can not find any iGPU settings. Attached please find my bios setting image.
Yes. And I do also spot the strange thing : system report show RX570 but Essential Script report RX480. Anything I can ensure the system is running the driver for RX570 ?
Regards,
Ahkeung

You need to set Internal Graphics from Auto to Enabled.

Then reboot and set both DVMT to 128 MB. This option will appear only after reboot.

IMG_7884.jpg

And I do also spot the strange thing : system report show RX570 but Essential Script report RX480. Anything I can ensure the system is running the driver for RX570 ?

Looks like the script bug. I noticed that RX480 appear on other systems as well.

You need to set Internal Graphics from Auto to Enabled.

Then reboot and set both DVMT to 128 MB. This option will appear only after reboot.

View attachment 360759

Looks like the script bug. I noticed that RX480 appear on other systems as well.
Hi, b166ar
Thanks and will do and see if it is better.
Regards,
Ahkeung

Difficult to say. I never work with your motherboard. Your EFI folder is not exactly the same: some additional kexts, other efi drivers, old Clover version. Plus I'm not super familiar with Final Cut. Could this be a software bug or you need to enable some option? A lot of variables...

Have you tried the sound without digi003 audio interface?

Thanks for the suggestion...I think I found the problem. The firewire interface appears to be the issue...I tried using just the onboard sound and fcpx functions as normal.

I had not been using the onboard sound due to static and squealing sounds I get from the onboard sound to my speakers (I think its a grounding issue.)

I will see if others have this sound issue with firewire audio interfaces.

thanks for all the assistance.

Finally got a second monitor. Can confirm that everything works great. I've tested DVI and HDMI connections with the second monitor. The primary monitor connected with DisplayPort.

Lilu: 1.2.7 ▸ 1.2.8
WhateverGreen: 1.2.3 ▸ 1.2.4
AppleALC: 1.3.2 ▸ 1.3.3

macOS Mojave: 10.14.0 ▸ 10.14.1

Last edited:
Back