Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Azntaiji's Haswell mATX: Intel i5-4670k - GA-Z87MX-D3H - NVidia GTX 760 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I write it here because I have this same configuration (excluding the processor) and someone may find it useful:
Initially I had some freeze issues, seen often also in other setups http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...uild-ga-z87x-oc-i7-4770k-hd4600-gt-640-a.html

Somehow, they disappeared almost completely (once a week?) even if have 32 GB ram, often considered to be an issue. I was using NVidia web driver.
Now I got them again after installing a Dell UP2414Q (at 30Hz). But I mean, a LOT: I couldn't work for more than 5-10 minutes.
Switching back to Apple graphics drivers seems to remove completely the freeze.

This means the source could be the graphic card and not necessarily the amount of RAM or the BIOS version.
If someone builds this configuration and experience freezes, I would try replacing the video card with the one from another manufacturer, or with one with a different chip, or I would try the Apple drivers first, if the Web drivers cause the issue (or viceversa).

Now I got them again after installing a Dell UP2414Q (at 30Hz). But I mean, a LOT: I couldn't work for more than 5-10 minutes.
Switching back to Apple graphics drivers seems to remove completely the freeze...
The 760 is supported by Mavericks and Yosemite - you don't need the nVidia Web Drivers.

I know, but with Apple driver the core/RAM frequency never goes down to idle, it stays at 1.00/6.00 GHz after a while (or at least it was like this in Mavericks).

Also, I think the web drivers are required for 4K 60Hz in MST mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back