Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus Z9PE & Xeon 2680v2 (GTX770, 2x SSD, 32GB Ram, 10.9.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tombot,

I tried my 2133 non-ECCs from my old gig and they work.

You need to upgrade your bios to 5304 and change your bios settings to force the memory speed to DDR 1600 or 1866, which depends on your cpu(s), since no xeon cpus support 2133.

I have another hack with Gigabyte Z77 and 2600k, the RME works perfectly on it (I've done many projects with it), although the system is 10.8.5 (also works on 10.7.x and 10.6.x). But there's no luck with 10.9 this time. I've searched some feedback from the RME user forum, they all say their cards work flawlessly on 10.9. So that makes me upset because my RME works improperly on the hack.

Oh, and make sure you put your non-ECCs to the right slots if you use dual xeons.

I use ECC Kingston, but i dont have to. A lot of users are suing normal corsair non ECC. But If youre using Xeons, its better to use ECC... the price of ecc is not too expensive.

Drnoodle,

I'm totally new to Hackintosh so forgive any stupid questions. Do you think this build would work with more than one CPU? I'd like to try to make this work with dual 10-core E5-2690 cpus. That's a total of 20 actual cores, which of course, no new Mac Pro has. Thanks for any assistance.

Yes... it will work. If i need more power i will upgrade also to a second CPU.

I'm having no luck making this work, despite following all the instructions. I'm desperate to make this work; I'd be happy to compensate you in some way to help me!

Thanks

I can confirm that at the moment, this will NOT work with dual CPUs. I removed one of the two CPUs that I have in my build and was able to make it work. I put back in the second CPU and get a crash at "com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily" before Mavericks ever fully boots.

I presume that since there is no Mac Pro utilizing dual V2 CPUs that the OS has not been configured to support that setup.

Is there anyone out there clever enough to crack this?

Ok thx for your informations. Dual 8-core is working... you can find other builds with that in here. Maybe its the limiting of 16 Cores in OSX? Try to use both cpu... can you disable 4 cores in the BIOS and test it again?

Where have you seen dual 8-core V2 configs working? I've only seen working dual configs with the first gen chips so far. Not doubting you, just wondering where you saw them. At one point I DID try making each CPU a 6 core in the BIOS but I had the same result. I'll try turning each down to 4 to see what happens.

Thanks

10.9.2 Update.... hmmm... should i try? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back