Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS!] ASUS z97-PRO(Wi-fi ac) - Core i7-4790k - EVGA GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
external soundcard? does it work well? after sleep? which one did you buy?

except imessage, but thats everyone and I had it working before by calling support, then I reinstalled my OS and it stopped again. So I figure once I have a working copy of Yosemite I will call support again and get it turned back on.

Read my comment below about the sound card. Yes, as long as the external sound card is compatible with OS X then it will not have any issues whatsoever as it bypasses any issues involving the motherboard. Our problems w/ 9-series audio are a result of it being onboard (having to go through the motherboard), which we all know takes "hacking" to become OS X compatible.

Also, look at an earlier comment posted by MiniITX for iMessage fix. I haven't attempted it, but plan to later tonight if I have time.

My audio comes back if I quickly put to sleep (manually from the Apple menu) for 5-10 seconds, then wake it up.

does not work for me. :shrugs:

Hello!

Do you think it will be smarter to invest in Asus Z97 , if I don't need audio, BT and WiFi?
Would it be much difficult to install OSX then?
I have to decide this week. There's an opportunity to replace the current MB.

Thanks

Then, try using just the audio from MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.2.1.
not sure what you mean by that... one of the voodoo universal audio drivers? or just the intel 9 series audio support?

not sure what you mean by that... one of the voodoo universal audio drivers? or just the intel 9 series audio support?
Just run MultiBeast v6.2.1/2 selecting only the Realtek ALC1150 to install.

Do the on board graphics work?

And can anyone verify the audio works, on board.

And is there any other things not working? Bluetooth, Wifi are a must.

Let me know, Thanks! Trying to decide if I should buy...

I have this motherboard and everything work great, I couldn't be more happy about this mobo, for me it was the perfect choice.

Sleep, Sound, Wi-fi, everything works really great, the only thing I didn't activated yet was the bluetooth because I don't use it and I don't wanna flash the bluetooth chip.

But there's the only two thing I can complain about it, one thing it's the USB speed. It's very slow and im only using the USB2.0 ports. The other thing it's about Nvidia, I can't get the Geforce GTX 750Ti to work, so im using the GPU from the CPU, that works perfectly.

The Audio only have one problem after sleep, that makes me use the "Reset AppleHDA" software to reset the audio to work again.

myconfig.png
MultiBeast 6.5.0 and OSX updated to 10.9.5 from 10.9.2

Last edited:
I have this motherboard and everything work great, I couldn't be more happy about this mobo, for me it was the perfect choice.

Sleep, Sound, Wi-fi, everything works really great, the only thing I didn't activated yet was the bluetooth because I don't use it and I don't wanna flash the bluetooth chip.

But there's the only two thing I can complain about it, one thing it's the USB speed. It's very slow and im only using the USB2.0 ports. The other thing it's about Nvidia, I can't get the Geforce GTX 750Ti to work, so im using the GPU from the CPU, that works perfectly.

The Audio only have one problem after sleep, that makes me use the "Reset AppleHDA" software to reset the audio to work again.

View attachment 106659
MultiBeast 6.5.0 and OSX updated to 10.9.5 from 10.9.2

So everything works besides the USB 3.0? And how would you get the Bluetooth to work. And will video cards work, or is it just yours? Is the onboard video good?

USB 3 works too (if I include that option in Multibeast), but in general even the USB2.0 are working at half of the speed compared to Windows 8 speed, and I don't know why, maybe it's because the Z97 it's not fully supported by the OSX and the patch probably needs some tweaks, but this is just me guessing....

All Graphic cards will work perfectly (if supported by the OSX) and even the onboard graphics works pretty well with all accelerations enabled. To be honest, i'm really impressed on how everything it's working fast and smooth.

The only problem that I have with my Geforce GTX 750ti it's because this GPU uses the last Maxwell technology, so it's not fully supported yet by OSX, even using the Nvidia Graphic Drivers available, but some people are saying that they already tested some Maxwell GPUs on OSX Yosemite with success.. so for me that will the next step. But im crossing my fingers for Nvidia to release another build compatible with the 10.9.5 for the Maxwell family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back