Contribute
Register

[success] ASUS z97-PRO - HASWELL i7 4790 - SSD - GTX 970 & YOSEMITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Z97 Pro vs Z97 Pro Wi-Fi AC. Sorry, my bad. But that's the only difference between our mobo's.

The EasyBeast option there was from the beginning of this thread pubblication, (search in google cache or other www archive system...) so I dont see where is the problem: if you follow these steps you dont want to add manually the kext-dev-mode: probably this problem come exactly when borns other problems using kext for BT and WIFI (not included in this guide, and in this mobo...)

I dont have any type of problem about my integrated GPU without IGPEnabler flag.
Never had it, not some times.. But if you had another model of mobo ALL is possible, if you dont want to believe me no problem, I make you my best wishes for your installation.
I try to help you and who had this problem:
1) Have you plug your integrated GPU or simply the slot are free (not connected)
2) Your PCIexp GPU is connected through DVI or HDMI (this make the difference in many other guides)
3) Have you install Chimera or Chameleon? What version?

Sir, if you search the "absolute safety" and "strong stable system" the best thing you can make to dont use -f flag is to patch the BIOS or make a good DSDT, like i've made in my P8Z68-V Pro working with Revo girl (the best girl-programmer I've knowed) and other guys in past in this forum and others. Obviusly this guide dont pretend to make a totally stable configuration, but to start to make a good configuration: what you search is an advanced setting, it's not complicated but it require more time.

Hi

I have pretty much the same build.
And first I use flag as you said "-f nv_disable=1" it can pass and install successfully.
After rebooting, I followed your step to install nVidia driver and install multibeast, all worked fine.
But after rebooting, I lost my Ethernet interface and sometimes ramdom kernel panic while booting or just freeze while I'm using.

Did you ever encounter this? I just installed many times but it won't work. : (
I don't know what to do to fix this problem.

Thanks

If you lost eth interface, probably your sys have a bluetooth usb pen, or other interface that overwrite eth0 position in the network device list. Check your network device list and reboot without other net devices than the normal integrated eth interface...

I just build my new hackintosh for Yosemite 10.10.2
The hardwares are almost the same such as:
ASUS Z97 pro gamer/ASUS Strix GTX97 4GB/Haswell i7 4790K
That is working almost perfect like yours.
But there are only few problems:
(1) Sometime when I boot my hackintosh, it will happen no video signal
but reboot one or twice times and successfully boot into.
(2) When it wake up after sleeping, the audio will be missing.

Do any experts have these problems???
Thanks a lot

I have a similar build. The only difference is that I have GTX 970 from gigabyte and asus Z97 pro wifi ac. Although I get good sound from usb speakers, it seems that my line out and front headphone jack do not operate. Any suggestions?

Finally it seems that I will answer my question... :headbang:
The problem was that I should have used multibeast 7.0.2 as the guide suggested and not the 7.2 version. Now everything is working fine.

Hello, thanks to your post, I've successfully installed Yosemite on my identical build. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I've got the Wi-fi and other things working by installing the relevant kext files.

I'm just facing one problem when I reboot using the option "nvda_drv=1" the monitor goes blank and turns off. I'm using a DVI to VGA adapter on the graphics card end and a VGA cable to connect to my monitor. Could it be a problem with VGA (I read somewhere that MacOS only supports DVI-D)?

What could I do to troubleshoot this problem?

P.S. I'm able to see the graphics using the "nv_disable=1" option. In fact, I'm making this post using Safari on my new hackintosh installation, thanks to you!! :):)

Hello, thanks to your post, I've successfully installed Yosemite on my identical build. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I've got the Wi-fi and other things working by installing the relevant kext files.

I'm just facing one problem when I reboot using the option "nvda_drv=1" the monitor goes blank and turns off. I'm using a DVI to VGA adapter on the graphics card end and a VGA cable to connect to my monitor. Could it be a problem with VGA (I read somewhere that MacOS only supports DVI-D)?

What could I do to troubleshoot this problem?

P.S. I'm able to see the graphics using the "nv_disable=1" option. In fact, I'm making this post using Safari on my new hackintosh installation, thanks to you!! :):)

So I added the "IGPEnabler=No" option and now I can reboot into the desktop using NVIDIA drivers. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back