- Jul 26, 2012
- ASUS Z97 Pro
- i7 4970k
- MSI GTX 970 OC
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
ASUS Z97-PRO LGA 1150
Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Processor
MSI GEFORCE GTX 970 4GB OC
[B]2 x CRUCIAL M550 SSD 512MB[/B]
CORSAIR 16GB 1866MHZ VENGEANCE PRO
CASE NZXT PHANTOM 410
I want to help who try to install Yosemite 10.10 final version with this kind of hardware specs.
This is the only method where I've success, so first of all i want to list my failures:
- All follow methods using NULLCpu + FakeSMC + Trim Enabler + minimal requirements x86 Yosemite kexts raccommended for this kind of mobo.
- USB MBR or GUID create by hand with chameleon version from 238x to 246x -> SSD GUID same bootloader.
- USB MBR or GUID create by hand with clover latests version v2999 -> SSD GUID same bootloader.
- USB MBR or GUID create by hand with clover latests version v2999 -> SSD GUID (try to install other bootloader (chameleon or chimera v.4.0.1 by hand) with the same problems.
- Trying the trick on /usr/standalone/bootcaches.plist changing LZVN to LZSS kernel compression.
Trying the trick to re-edit AppleKextExcludeList.kext and protect from writing.
- Trying POST installation Multibeast and many other apps but nothing to do.
These methods report the following problems (not all together but distributed during my installations):
- I can only boot from USB
- SSD booting cannot find kernel, reboot after loading kexts and start to decompress darwin kernel
- AppleHDA extension not loaded (Apple Button -> System Information -> Software -> Extensions (tab load)
System freezing during use
- Web Drivers wont start
- Kernel flags working only digited by hand on boot, if i can try to put theme in plist bootloader, bootstrap dont considered it.
THE INSTALLATION PROCESS
- USB pen 16GB partitioned in GUID (not MBR).
- Yosemite 10.10 final version ([/COLOR]original downloaded from AppStore ).
[*]ASUS Z97 pro BIOS to version 1304 (mine was 0801 from store).
[*]Chimera 4.0.1 pkg
[*]WebDriver-343.01.01f03.pkg (NVIDIA official OS X driver
[*]Pacifist last version.
Create Bootable USB drive :
- Prepare your pen with Unibeast , reboot and boot with flags : -f nv_disable=1
- Make your SSD partition in GUID and start installation.
Post-Install Using MultiBeast:
At reboot , boot from USB and launch your YOSEMITE SSD partition with boot flags: -f nv_disable=1
At first Yosemite boot, configure your system, so immediately install:
- if you want, try to configure also Time Machine
- launch MultiBeast with these parameters: EasyBeast + ALC1150 + Optional 3 ports(if you have 5.1 system) + Chimera 4.0.1 + 1080p + Generate CPU States + Instant Menu + Use KernelCache
So, reboot with USB pen and, this time, launch -f nvda_drv=1
At startup, Yosemite will be in 1080p:
- Open with pacifist Chimera 4.0.1 pkg , extract i386 folder and usr/bin folder , so install by hand in terminal chimera 4.0.1 in : EFI partition (of your SSD Yosemite) P.S. follow any chimera guide on google.
- copy /Extra folder to EFI
- delete /boot and /Extra
Add to your EFI org boot plist these parameters: -f nvda_drv=1 in the same line of kext-dev-mode=1
SSD Trim is enabled, Audio work on 5.1 very well, USB 3.0 work great, sleep is perfect, GTX work also with CUDA very well.
Enjoy your work..