i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As high sierra is out, it was time to crash my desktop and give a try to it.

Well, it is not a real upgrade as my first attempt simply crashed anything, but I reinstall a fresh Sierra before upgrade to HighSierra.
I got multiple ssd, so I can reinstall when I want, and here is the step I follow to upgrade from Sierra to HighSierra with APFS.

1°) reinstall sierra with unibeast 7.1.1 and multibeast 9.2.1 (find my multibeast file used for my setup attached, audio via ALC892, network IntelE1000, nvidia webdriver)
2°) upgrade sierra upto 10.12.6
3°) install nvidia driver provided here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
4°) reboot and test your setup, everything is fine
So here we have a Sierra hackintosh up and running with GTX1080

the Upgrade part is inspired by the steps here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

1. Update your existing Clover install to v4173+ using MultiBeast or official Clover package
=> (not needed as fresh install done that for me)

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.
=> Here I just copy all my /Library/Extensions/ files to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

3. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
=> Check

4. Download Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

5. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.
=> this part took ages, and looks as my computer was frozen, I just let it in this state, went outside for a while and came back later, computer was up and running waiting for my login/pass

After login, it appears my GTX1080 drivers was not updated (screen flickers...) but nvidia panel told me it can look after drivers update, I have done so, and "tada" I got my setup in HighSierra.

I lost audio part (alc892) and did not tried to run Multibeast 9.2.1 (sierra) to apply the audio kext yet

Attachments

• hackosx-sierra.mb
    3.5 KB · Views: 374
I lost audio part (alc892) and did not tried to run Multibeast 9.2.1 (sierra) to apply the audio kext yet

I gave a try and ran multibeast 9.2.1 (expected for Sierra) on this HighSierra, with same settings as my Sierra.
Audio is now working fine

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

well I was too happy and did not check USB3 port, that do not work yet, for my media storage, but ok for my keyboard/mouse
however USB2 is fine (in my "bios" I have : Legacy USB ON, xHCI Smart Auto, xHCI Handoff disable),
or USB3 mass storage overs USB2 wire :/

Hi Neo, can you share the clover folder and by the way have u fixed the audio and usb3?

Hi Neo, can you share the clover folder and by the way have u fixed the audio and usb3?

as said, my USB3 do not work on this machine

well I was too happy and did not check USB3 port, that do not work yet, for my media storage, but ok for my keyboard/mouse
however USB2 is fine (in my "bios" I have : Legacy USB ON, xHCI Smart Auto, xHCI Handoff disable),
or USB3 mass storage overs USB2 wire :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back