Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus Z77 Sabertooth ver. 1, Intel i5 3570K, SLI GTX 670 16gig G. Skill DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom Build
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, First I would like to thank you for such a great site. I have learned a lot here and am still learning.

ASUS Z77 Sabertooth Mavericks installation guide (How I did it):
1) Read though the guide on the main page very helpfull.
2) Prepared a UniBeast USB install stick for Mavericks.
3) Booted with the now created Mavericks Install Stick.. So far no issues at all. Went very smooth.
Not extra boot flags were needed.
4) Now at the desktop I changed the Security & Privacy settings to install from anywhere.

BIOS Settings: I left the UEFI BIOS settings alone since they were already setup correctly for ML they did not need changed.

MultiBeast Configuration - 2013-11-08 09:15:04
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > UserDSDT - /Users/bryonhowley/Desktop/DSDT.aml
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC892
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

At this point I have installed MultiBeast verified permissions and have booted Mavericks on it's own now.

One more thing I had to replace the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext with the one I had been using in ML or else I would get a kernel Panic on boot up. Even though I have my EUFI BIOS patched it still does not work without the replacement.

Everything seems to be working great at least at first. Then I found that my network would collapse and it would take a reboot to fix it. Also the Audio would play fine for a few minutes and then get distorted like there was not enough CPU power to play it correctly. This happen in games as well as ITunes well anything that played sound.

After some searching I found some that had fixed it with the .kext from MultiBeast 5.5.4 so I gave it a shot.

Installed just the .kext for my 892 audio codec and AppleIntelE1000e from MultiBeast 5.5.4. Once again verified permissions. And so far everything is perfect and it has been up and running for about a week no problems.

So when it was all said and done what works and what does not:

Well unlike ML all of my USB3 ports work perfect this time. On ML some of the USB 3 ports on the back would not work and just lock up the system not the case with Mavericks.

For the first time I got HDMI and DisplayPort Audio working perfectly. It was another thing that I could just not get working on ML.

As for the new Apps I have tested iMessage and App Store and they all work correctly and let me log in just fine.

As for external hardware both of my wireless Printers/Scanners had fully working drivers to download and they are 100% working.

So to sum up with Mavericks with the exception of Sleep all of my Hardware is working great and I do not put my rigs to sleep anyway so no great loss.

It was nice being able to get all three of my Asus 27" monitors and my Panasonic 50" 3D working at the same time with full HDMI AUDIO DD5.1 and DTS bitsteam out for the first time.

Thanks Tonymacx86 this site has been a great help over the years I have been Hackitoshing. Keep up the great work.

Hey! Quick question! I see you built a hackintosh out of your system, I have a similar one.

SPECS-

Processor - Intel i7-3700K
RAM - 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 8gb GDDR3 1600MHz
Video - EVGA Nvidia GTX 670 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth Z77

anyway I wanted to do a hackintosh too! I was just wondering what kind of settings I had to change in my UEFI on my motherboard. Also can I leave my GTX 670 connected? Also what did you choose, EasyBeast, UserDSDT, or DSDT-Free ?

Thanks a million!

How did you replace the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I have the same mobo and same panic message. Ty

How did you replace the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I have the same mobo and same panic message. Ty

I ran into the same problem (same mobo). Once I got to the desktop for the first time, I deleted the two appleintelcpupower kexts and patched with kextbeast using a modified kext I found somewhere in the forums. I did this after running multibeast but before rebooting. Let me know if you need help looking for it

As stated in the MultiBeast Configuration of my post I used the UserDSDT option for MultiBeast.

I choose the UserDSDT option because I use a DSDT to get the HDMI Audio working on my Gigabyte GTX 670's. Then I installed the Audio for my ALC892 and Intel Networking. I got the replacement AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from somewhere on Tonymacx86. I can't remember where anymore but I am using the same one I was using with 10.8.4.. I replaced that Kext after using MultiBeast before I restarted.

As for the options in my UEFI the only thing I did was choose Optimized Defauts that is the only thing I did. I did not change anything else in the UEFI BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back