Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus Z370 Prime P + i7 8700 + Samsung 1TB 960 EVO NVMe + Nvidia GTX 1050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major issue has surfaced: I have updated the BIOS to v 1406, because I thought maybe that's getting in the way of the Thunderbolt card working in Mac (it is fully functional under Windows, but what's not??).
So after restoring the BIOS settings as per guide now I cannot boot anymore into Mac (still can into Windows). I run into an error probably related to the NVidia driver, despite I have stopped it from running by using the nv_disable=1 boot argument: I get the dreaded "busy timeout[0], (60s): 'AppleACPICPU'" message and the system stalls. :banghead:

What should I do now?

I was thinking trying to run again from USB, but since today I cannot download the latest 10.13.6 installer, because Apple has just moved to Mojave and I have used the USB for file transfer and whatnot since I had a stable system for more than a week by now. :banghead::banghead:

[EDIT] Second crisis is overcome by looking for a clean install of High Sierra. After following the breadcrumbs, I have landed on the right page of the full installer on this page, at nr 4:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208969
First crisis is also overcome by reinstalling the NVidia drivers. More specifically, throwing 387.10.10.15.15.108 out the window and reinstalling 387.10.10.10.40.105 instead. I am back at having 4K and sound but Thunderbolt is not working in OSX (only Windows).

For audio you only need AppleALC with layoutId 7.

You should also add kexts:
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
and you will be able to access temperatures from your CPU.

I can't get it to work with the UHD 630 (i7 8700 non "k"), have all exact same settings. Any ideas? In verbose mode everything goes just as usual, then when it has to load the apple logo I get black screen.

I have the same board and had a successful High Sierra working...

I cloned the install to a SSD and successfully booted to it.. made a mac RAID via Disk Utility from 2 M.2's and cloned the backup over to that.. couldn't get it to boot properly, and after mucking with resetting BIOS and setting it up per the guide, I cannot get any of these drives to boot - trying to reinstall gets me to Clover, but selecting one of the two drives with High Sierra on it produces an Apple with progress bar for a few seconds, and then garbled graphics in a small line against a black screen ..

Vega64 card, and it was all working fine.. anyone know what BIOS setting has messed up my ability to get previously working installs to load?

Last edited:
@salamandyr, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

I just clean installed 10.14.1 it looks working well for everything. I have the same hardware except GPU that I use RX580.
I have a problem with USB3.0 ports that work only Flash drive(USB2.0) because when I tried with external Hard drive(USB3.0) that it's not working but Windows 10 works just fine.
Help me please.

Hi Middleman
Did you get full speed of USB3.0 ports?
I just got only
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 5.14.13 PM.png

Hi middle man thanks for the great help.
I have two questions apologies if these are obvious as is my first time building.
After replacing the EFI files that you provided got my sound to work and usb ports but no luck with the video.
Whenever I try to sort it via multibeast or clover configurator cant make it work and my usb 30 stop working.
First question is if I am using an normal samsung evo ssd how necessary is tho instal windows as well?
If I had the same specs would I be able to make everything work just by using your EFI files??
I have the same specs except the Nvidia card and the SSD :
Asus z370p Prime
i7 8700k
16gb 3000MHZ

Also my processor and ram seem to appear something else.
Any help would be extremely appreciated

Gcatelli,

Hi and you're welcome. About your query yes you should be able to use the EFI files...just make sure that when you use the Clover Configurator to make changes to the EFI after the initial OS install that you add a serial number and UUID to the board/BIOS (using the random generators and checking with the Apple Support site to make sure the serial you are using is valid). For the CPU info set the Mac model type:
  • Coffee Lake/Kaby Lake: Select iMac 18,3
  • Sky Lake: Select iMac 17,1 or iMac 14,2
  • Haswell: Select iMac 14,2
  • Ivy Bridge: Select iMac 14,2
For RAM you'll need to fill out the appropriate memory profiles settings ie. size 8GB ie. (8192), frequency (ie. 3000), vendor (ie. Gskill/Kingston/Corsair), serial (unknown), type (ie. DDR4).
You also need to set which channels your board uses. I used Dual Channel setting on mine.

As for the Windows install, that is entirely up to you. I installed Win10 to help test my NVMe to make sure it was initialised and working, but you could do without it. And yes your Samsung SSD shouldn't have a problem getting recognised at boot using Unibeast.

Hi Middleman
Did you get full speed of USB3.0 ports?
I just got only
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

NineHD,

Yes I did. It worked fine with my setup. If I remember correctly I also used Rehabman's latest USBInjectAll package for the install.

Hi there!!
I am a newbie with Hackintosh, I got the same Board, High Sierra on it- and Nvidia Gforce 210 card, everything works-thanks to your bios settings, but it takes soo long to boot up..I dont know why..maybe s.o. here can help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back