Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus Z370 Prime P + i7 8700 + Samsung 1TB 960 EVO NVMe + Nvidia GTX 1050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention this in the guide, but for Clover's ACPI settings the most crucial settings to use for Coffee Lake in High Sierra is Plugin Type (checkbox on the right hand side menu). That is pretty much all you need instead of a DSDT. After I changed that over, the system became a lot more stable under 10.13.4.

Forgot to mention this in the guide, but for Clover's ACPI settings the most crucial settings to use for Coffee Lake in High Sierra is Plugin Type (checkbox on the right hand side menu). That is pretty much all you need instead of a DSDT. After I changed that over, the system became a lot more stable under 10.13.4.

Works for Kaby Lake (and presumedly Skylake) as well. I had P states and C states set up in my Clover.plist and when checking on another issue, @pastrychef clued me in to the fact that I didn't need them with Plugin Type checked.

Works for Kaby Lake (and presumedly Skylake) as well. I had P states and C states set up in my Clover.plist and when checking on another issue, @pastrychef clued me in to the fact that I didn't need them with Plugin Type checked.

Well it didn’t quite work out for my setup here. The system kept crashing after migration until I had it setup using Plugin Type checked.

@luisclement, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

While the first part of the High Sierra installs using a 10.13.1 key, the installer does connect online to Apple's servers and does indeed retrieve the download for 10.13.4 via the ethernet port for the remainder.

Middleman - what did you do to get the installer to go out and download the 10.13.5 code for the second part of the install?

TIA and great guide!

Hi Middleman thanks for the guide. I used it to set up the Prime A motherboard which required only minor alterations to your prescription. Cheers

Middleman - what did you do to get the installer to go out and download the 10.13.5 code for the second part of the install?

TIA and great guide!

Not much. I just used the normal HS installer that was on the Unibeast stick. The installer began to update itself from the Apple servers do nothing to do on my part. After the first half was completed, the system rebooted and all you do then is select the 2nd installation partition in Clover to finish the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back