Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus Z370 Prime P + i7 8700 + Samsung 1TB 960 EVO NVMe + Nvidia GTX 1050

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,thank you!I will try tomorrow,and I will post progress,by the way,thanks a lot!

Hey NZRichard,
I just tried, still boots very slow,not sure but I think I made some mistake ..don`t know which, maybe Clover , the config.plist...or the multibeast patching- here is my config.plist..maybe you can see, what I was doing wrong..hey and thank you!!

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.6 KB · Views: 136
Hey NZRichard,
I just tried, still boots very slow,not sure but I think I made some mistake ..don`t know which, maybe Clover , the config.plist...or the multibeast patching- here is my config.plist..maybe you can see, what I was doing wrong..hey and thank you!!

You should check the EFI folder with Clover Configurator, because I have some elements missing from the config.plist file itself (so everyone can edit it for their own board), mainly my board's Serial Number and SmUUID number under SMBIOS, the Rt Variables SMBIOS ROM number, and Custom UUID under System Parameters.

Hey Thank you Middleman, yes I found out already,by the way, what would you write for my CPU, `cause HS doesn`t really recognize, I wrote 3700. but the other facts (Bus speed,Latency ,etc) I don`t know.. hank you guys!!

I think, I found the reason, it is my Graphics, I ordered a XFX RX 580 GTS XXX, I hope this will serve the problem, and middleman, my usb ports seem to be wrongly recognised, on front I got 2.0, and back at the 2.0 -I got 3.0, maybe the ports are patched different on the board, which I don`t know, `cause I didn`t build it all myself...and...if I untick inject Intel and delete the Nvidia webdrivers and cuda drivers, will it work or do I have to change anything else?-except of the Bios settings...?..Thank you, for your patience!!

Last edited:
I think, I found the reason, it is my Graphics, I ordered a XFX RX 580 GTS XXX, I hope this will serve the problem, and middleman, my usb ports seem to be wrongly recognised, on front I got 2.0, and back at the 2.0 -I got 3.0, maybe the ports are patched different on the board, which I don`t know, `cause I didn`t build it all myself...and...if I untick inject Intel and delete the Nvidia webdrivers and cuda drivers, will it work or do I have to change anything else?-except of the Bios settings...?..Thank you, for your patience!!

You should definitely go through and check your BIOS settings as well as version number. Try to make sure the BIOS is as current as possible. You should also manually check which USB 2.0 or 3.0 cables have been connected to your boards and see if they have other sockets on the board that can be used.

With the USB port settings, you should make sure the KextsToPatch values match the ones on my post #1.

As for the graphics drivers High Sierra works totally fine with Nvidia drivers. The only concern is that it is very version-update specific. Check which version of macOS High Sierra you are using by clicking on the Apple icon on the top left-hand menu, and then actually click on the 10.13.4 value in the middle of the About This Mac page - it will reveal the version number if you do, which is the version of the Nvidia graphics you’ll need to install. If you want to purely use the internal Intel HD, you only need to remove the Nvidia driver, and set the BIOS graphics setting to IGPU and remove the Nvidia card.

Thank you so much Middleman!!I will check all , you were mentioning!!I got High Sierra here, 10.13.6 here,and yes you are right, the Nvidia drivers work, but my card is getting too hot, it is a passive one, and -as I said, I have 3 monitors, in the moment I got 2 at the Nvidia and one at the Intel on board graphics but as I am producing music with it and sitting in front of the PC for hours I thought I better take a good graphic card..I hope I get the card today, and I will post my progress, again -thank you for your help!!If you like funky music, I would love to send you my newest release!!

Ok, I bought a used XFX RX580 8GB, the card works, but only one monitor, on the DVI output, High sierra is seeing the other 2, but only got black screen, I thought as this card is meant to work , as it is in the buyers guide...any help?

You should try uninstalling the Nvidia drivers first and see how that fairs. Maybe the Clover config needs a tweak.

Hey Middleman, thank you, yes, that`s what I did, tried everything, Orinoco framebuffer, newest WEG and Lilu, Bios update,AMD contrller kext..without any kexts-for graphics..I decided to bring it back and get a MSI RX580..I ll try that..oh gosh, my vacation went with the hackintosh wind.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back