Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus Z370 Prime P + i7 8700 + Samsung 1TB 960 EVO NVMe + Nvidia GTX 1050

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz
Graphics
Integrated HD
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi middle man thanks for the great help.
I have two questions apologies if these are obvious as is my first time building.
After replacing the EFI files that you provided got my sound to work and usb ports but no luck with the video.
Whenever I try to sort it via multibeast or clover configurator cant make it work and my usb 30 stop working.
First question is if I am using an normal samsung evo ssd how necessary is tho instal windows as well?
If I had the same specs would I be able to make everything work just by using your EFI files??
I have the same specs except the Nvidia card and the SSD :
Asus z370p Prime
i7 8700k
16gb 3000MHZ

Also my processor and ram seem to appear something else.
Any help would be extremely appreciated

Gcatelli,

Hi and you're welcome. About your query yes you should be able to use the EFI files...just make sure that when you use the Clover Configurator to make changes to the EFI after the initial OS install that you add a serial number and UUID to the board/BIOS (using the random generators and checking with the Apple Support site to make sure the serial you are using is valid). For the CPU info set the Mac model type:
  • Coffee Lake/Kaby Lake: Select iMac 18,3
  • Sky Lake: Select iMac 17,1 or iMac 14,2
  • Haswell: Select iMac 14,2
  • Ivy Bridge: Select iMac 14,2
For RAM you'll need to fill out the appropriate memory profiles settings ie. size 8GB ie. (8192), frequency (ie. 3000), vendor (ie. Gskill/Kingston/Corsair), serial (unknown), type (ie. DDR4).
You also need to set which channels your board uses. I used Dual Channel setting on mine.

As for the Windows install, that is entirely up to you. I installed Win10 to help test my NVMe to make sure it was initialised and working, but you could do without it. And yes your Samsung SSD shouldn't have a problem getting recognised at boot using Unibeast.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz
Graphics
Integrated HD
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Middleman
Did you get full speed of USB3.0 ports?
I just got only
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
NineHD,

Yes I did. It worked fine with my setup. If I remember correctly I also used Rehabman's latest USBInjectAll package for the install.