CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'll just leave my CLOVER folder here for those who has similar hardware. I've been rummaging through Internet looking for post-configuration files but found none. Mojave 10.14.6 flies perfect, everything works, DSDT/SSDT have been patched. Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext additionally to /L/E for USB3.0 support.

DO NOT USE IT IF YOU HAVE EVEN SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT HARDWARE. It won't work.

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 20.59.25.png

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 21.02.13.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 20.59.25.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 20.59.25.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 21.02.13.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 21.02.13.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 58
Hm I have the 370-I and an 8700k, how could I get a similar setup? Sorry new to this.

Hm I have the 370-I and an 8700k, how could I get a similar setup? Sorry new to this.
Follow the generic guides. You have to go through the hell of building a Hack once to get it done and to get some knowledge how it works. This thread is just for those who has exactly the same hardware and stuck on post-installation stage. It’s not as hard as it seems, but if you’re uneasy with Terminal.app, lack general knowledge of BSD systems/file systems/ACPI/macOS boot sequence then you’ll probably fail. No brainstorm — no cheap Mac, welcome to Apple Store, sorry)

hi @chatzki

Thank you, i've success too on installing new hackintosh on my z370 and i5-8600K processor. I just following your suggestion, to follow the generic guides.

My question now, can I upgrade to the Catalina version? Now i'm using Mojave.

Congratulations on your first build! Cannot advise on upgrade, though. Catalina has issues with Logic Pro X, which is heavily used, so I stick to Mojave.

I would carefully study this article, and if you are OK with it, read this and this.

To keep in mind, Catalina has vast modifications in many frameworks, so the installation will definitely go other way than Mojave's, be morally prepared. I'd make a test install on a separate disk, if you have such possibility, since there's a great chance you'll break Mojave and won't install Catalina.

Congratulations on your first build! Cannot advise on upgrade, though. Catalina has issues with Logic Pro X, which is heavily used, so I stick to Mojave.

I would carefully study this article, and if you are OK with it, read this and this.

To keep in mind, Catalina has vast modifications in many frameworks, so the installation will definitely go other way than Mojave's, be morally prepared. I'd make a test install on a separate disk, if you have such possibility, since there's a great chance you'll break Mojave and won't install Catalina.

I got the points. So will be better to keep Mojave.

Do you have any plan to add the supported dedicated GPU (Nvidia/AMD) into your build @chatzki ?

I have a plan, but I don't know if it will need a fresh install again or just modifying the existing configuration.

Nope, I work mostly with sound, so my requirements for video is just two-monitor support, the built-in one does it. Though, I have some screen distortion during the boot, it doesn't bother me much, since I don't reboot often.

You won't need fresh install. Just find out whether you need any kext patches for your card prior to installing it. It won't hurt if you enable them now and install the card later. I have old simple Nvidia card, it didn't work on Mojave since Apple stalled the drivers development, many other Nvidia card owner shared their pain and frustration all over hackintoshy sites, so I believe, you should go for AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back