Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/13/2021 10.15.7 Supplemental Update 19H1419 (2021-006) & Device Support Update

Updated to 10.15.7 Supplemental 19H1419 (2021-006)

*NOTE: I skipped over 2021-005

1. Back up your system. I use Carbon Copy Cloner. This is SOP when doing updates.
2. DO NOT update Clover past 5122! Clover versions 5123 and beyond utilize a bit of OpenCore - introducing a Quirks section, and I haven't sussed that out for this build.
3. Updated WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.
4. Installed the update. System will reboot three to five times and then you should be good to go. If Clover does not automatically choose the "Installer Data via Preboot", you must choose that on reboots. You may get a black screen after the last reboot that lasts a little longer than usual, so just wait that out and the logon screen will appear.
5. The Device Support Update was done without rebooting the machine - just run the update through the System Updates panel.

Updates installed without any issues.

Hello, does anyone have a working USBPorts.kext for this board with Big Sur? I've tried creating one myself, but the USBMap utility isn't even picking up any of the high speed (ssxx) ports except for SS01. I believe it's related to the "port limit" patch no longer working on later versions of Big Sur.

If you mean the board you have listed in your profile, this is the wrong build for that.

If you mean the board I used in my build, I don't use USBPorts.kext, so, I can't help. You need to implement an SSDT to enable/disable the ports that report to MacOS. If you don't want to do that, you might be able to disable the relevant ports through BIOS (I can't vouch, haven't tried that).

If you mean the board you have listed in your profile, this is the wrong build for that.

If you mean the board I used in my build, I don't use USBPorts.kext, so, I can't help. You need to implement an SSDT to enable/disable the ports that report to MacOS. If you don't want to do that, you might be able to disable the relevant ports through BIOS (I can't vouch, haven't tried that).

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I do have the Maximus IX Hero, it was my last main rig and is now with my son. I did manage to get a basic kext together using Hackintool. It's not perfect but it will do for now.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I do have the Maximus IX Hero, it was my last main rig and is now with my son. I did manage to get a basic kext together using Hackintool. It's not perfect but it will do for now.
I'm sure you've probably solved this by now, But! I've recently just redone a Z270 'tosh which originally was done in Clover (now OpenCore). When I tried mapping the USB's, it didn't seem to map the AS, controller in Hackintool. (It must be how I configured it at the time? Many heart aches losses since then.;)) I managed to sort this out by using the USBMap tool in Windows.
Hopefully, this will help someone out.

02/08/2022 10.15.7 Supplemental Update 008 19H1713 (2021-008), Safari & Device Support Update

Updated to 10.15.7 Supplemental 19H1713 (2021-008)

*NOTE: I skipped over 2021-007

1. Back up your system. I use Carbon Copy Cloner. This is SOP when doing updates.
2. DO NOT update Clover past 5122! Clover versions 5123 and beyond utilize a bit of OpenCore - introducing a Quirks section, and I haven't sussed that out for this build.
3. Updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.
4. Installed the update. System will reboot at least 3 times and then you should be good to go. If Clover does not automatically choose the "Installer Data via Preboot", you must choose that on reboots. You may get a black screen after the last reboot that lasts a little longer than usual, so just wait that out and the logon screen will appear.
5. Safari was done with the security update, and Device Support Update was done without rebooting the machine - just run the update through the System Updates panel once it appears.

Hi there,

Can you write Blu-ray discs with the LG BH16N-S4O?
I got one but it does not write at all.

Hi there,

Can you write Blu-ray discs with the LG BH16N-S4O?
I got one but it does not write at all.

First, Apple (at least in Catalina) doesn't support Blu-ray directly, so there is no native support (to my knowledge). Thus you'll need a third-party program that might be able to write to that disc.

Second, I don't write to Blu-ray/discs myself (USB drives are much better). So at this point I don't know if the write works or not. The drive does read just fine using 3rd party software, but can behave a little glitchy at times (won't eject on some occasions).

Jon

07/21/2022 10.15.7 Supplemental Update 005 19H2026 (2022-005), System & Safari Update

Updated to 10.15.7 Supplemental 19H2026 (2022-005)

2. DO NOT update Clover past 5122! Clover versions 5123 and beyond utilize a bit of OpenCore - introducing a Quirks section, and I still haven't sussed that out for this build.
3. Updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.
4. Installed the update. System will reboot at least 3 times and then you should be good to go. If Clover does not automatically choose the "Installer Data via Preboot", you must choose that on reboots. You may get a black screen after the last reboot that lasts a little longer than usual, so just wait that out and the logon screen will appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back