Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ookla. Verizon's test also comes back with the same results. I wonder if there's something amiss with their gear.

Ookla. Verizon's test also comes back with the same results. I wonder if there's something amiss with their gear.

My test results from them are fine. Do you have any firewalls running? VPN?

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 1.21.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 1.24.27 PM.png

Your tests look as I would expect.

No VPN here, but am using a firewall TZ400W. I don't see anything amiss there. It clearly handles 1G speeds as I get the 900M+ upload speed w/o trouble. We're not doing any additional applications for inspection prior to routing to clients, so I'm a bit baffled.

By "gear" I did mean the NID outside, as opposed to the testing suite.

Your tests look as I would expect.

No VPN here, but am using a firewall TZ400W. I don't see anything amiss there. It clearly handles 1G speeds as I get the 900M+ upload speed w/o trouble. We're not doing any additional applications for inspection prior to routing to clients, so I'm a bit baffled.

I haven't used a SonicWall device in a long time... The last time I used one (maybe about a decade ago), it affected network performance. But I would imagine those issues would be resolved by now...

I don't know what can be affecting your speeds. Since LAN speeds are good, there's nothing wrong with the port itself or the IntelMausiEthernet driver.

Well, I think the answer is that it was something in the pipe between my location and the test site. Things are far better today. So, nothing on my end to fix/change.

Thanks for the assistance!

Well, I did a stupid thing. Updated Clover to r5137 and now the system won’t boot. I get the Apple symbol and that’s it. Changing CLOVERX64 and BOOTX64 back to r5122 don’t resolve the issue - not even the Apple symbol.

Crap.

Well, I did a stupid thing. Updated Clover to r5137 and now the system won’t boot. I get the Apple symbol and that’s it. Changing CLOVERX64 and BOOTX64 back to r5122 don’t resolve the issue - not even the Apple symbol.

Crap.
Slice added support for booting Big Sur in Clover r5123+ versions so if you're not yet on Big Sur, that is likely causing the issues. Go back to a complete Clover EFI folder that you have backed up and replace the one you have now. The older folder should have the correct config.plist to boot your system. The newer .plist will have quirks needed for Big Sur. Clearing the NVRAM will help too.

Slice added support for booting Big Sur in Clover r5123+ versions so if you're not yet on Big Sur, that is likely causing the issues. Go back to a complete Clover EFI folder that you have backed up and replace the one you have now. The older folder should have the correct config.plist to boot your system. The newer .plist will have quirks needed for Big Sur. Clearing the NVRAM will help too.
I had forgotten why I shouldn't update past 5122, completely my screw up.

All sorted though. I think the actual issue was that 5137 removes Aptiomemoryfix-64.efi and replaces it with OpenRuntime.efi. On 5122, that doesn't fly and I think that was the hangup.

Whew - sorted!

Is there a decent write up of how to move up to Big Sur using Clover?

Thanks for the input!!!

06/30/2021 10.15.7 Supplemental Update 19H1217 + Safari Update

Updated to 10.15.7 Supplemental 19H1217 + Safari Update

1. Back up your system. I use Carbon Copy Cloner. This is SOP when doing updates.
2. DO NOT update Clover past 5122! Clover versions 5123 and beyond utilize a bit of OpenCore - introducing a Quirks section, and I haven't sussed that out for this build.
3. Updated WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.
4. Installed the update. System will reboot three times (once to begin install, second time near the beginning of when the installation is in progress, and then a final time that brings you to the login screen) and then you should be good to go. If Clover does not automatically choose the "Installer Data via Preboot", you must choose that on reboots. You may get a black screen after the last reboot that lasts a little longer than usual, so just wait that out and the logon screen will appear.

Update installed without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back