Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only precompiled version (d1 or later) I can find is on an Italian board, and despite creating an account, I'm still not allowed to download the file. And the Insanely Mac page which should have one is a 404.

Thank you for that. I used Hackintool to download & compile the current version, installed it along with the few current kext updates, rebooted. Still have the same issue - upload speed is limited, but, download speed is just fine...

Thank you for that. I used Hackintool to download & compile the current version, installed it along with the few current kext updates, rebooted. Still have the same issue - upload speed is limited, but, download speed is just fine...

Are you testing WAN speeds or LAN speeds? LAN speed tests should be more reliable. Try transferring files to and from another computer or a NAS over gigabit ethernet.

This would be WAN. The download speed is about 1/10th of what it should be, and seeing that upload speed is "correct" (and good on other computers), there has to be some other issue.

This would be WAN. The download speed is about 1/10th of what it should be, and seeing that upload speed is "correct" (and good on other computers), there has to be some other issue.

Test speeds on LAN to make sure IntelMausiEthernet is working right. If LAN speeds suffer from the same issue, then it could very well be a hackintosh issue. If LAN speeds are good, it may be a software issue or macOS issue.

You already know it's not a hardware issue because speeds are good in Windows.

Lan speed good - copied 621mb file in about 5 seconds.

Lan speed good - copied 621mb file in about 5 seconds.

Then, I would have to assume it's software related. Maybe a browser plugin that you're using? Maybe try WAN speed tests with different browsers? Maybe firewall related?

Tried speed test with Opera (I use Firefox most of the time here at the office), same result.

Tried speed test with Opera (I use Firefox most of the time here at the office), same result.

Which site are you using to test speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back