Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Progress!! It is such a major relief to not have intermittent hardware confusing me!

Attempted both Catalina and Mojave installations.

Following the Clover screen, and after setting the Options, the Catalina attempt hung after reaching a full progress bar; after 4 hours it never reached the "Installer". I made 2 attempts. Both hung after Clover screen, once at about 85% progress bar, and once at 100% progress bar.

I twice attempted Mojave. The first key loader seemed corrupted. The Clover screen lacked both color and icon details and crashed before reaching Installer.

After rebuilding my Key loader, Clover loaded with both color and icon details. I set the Options and booted. It began booting, then rebooted 3 times before allowing me to set language. It twice crashed when trying to set networking to DHCP. Finally, just chose no networking.

With Multibeast, I set the following:
Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor App
Drivers > Misc > ?? (I don't remember and it crashed before I could note it.)
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet (greatest number in the list, 2.4.0 v? )
Drivers > USB > USBinjectAll (Stork's choice was not available and I do not have the USBInstall kext)

During this MultiBeast build, it crashed. I tried restarting 3 times and it continued to crash after passing the Clover screen (which retained SIMBIOS 18,3, etc.)

Does anyone have suggestions on how to restart my system, and what changes I need to make? I also asked earlier today about whether I could add the 16GB sticks of G.Skills memory... ?

Many thanks! So happy to have Mojave mostly loaded.

Wow! Progress!! It is such a major relief to not have intermittent hardware confusing me!

Attempted both Catalina and Mojave installations.

Following the Clover screen, and after setting the Options, the Catalina attempt hung after reaching a full progress bar; after 4 hours it never reached the "Installer". I made 2 attempts. Both hung after Clover screen, once at about 85% progress bar, and once at 100% progress bar.

I twice attempted Mojave. The first key loader seemed corrupted. The Clover screen lacked both color and icon details and crashed before reaching Installer.

After rebuilding my Key loader, Clover loaded with both color and icon details. I set the Options and booted. It began booting, then rebooted 3 times before allowing me to set language. It twice crashed when trying to set networking to DHCP. Finally, just chose no networking.

With Multibeast, I set the following:
Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor App
Drivers > Misc > ?? (I don't remember and it crashed before I could note it.)
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet (greatest number in the list, 2.4.0 v? )
Drivers > USB > USBinjectAll (Stork's choice was not available and I do not have the USBInstall kext)

During this MultiBeast build, it crashed. I tried restarting 3 times and it continued to crash after passing the Clover screen (which retained SIMBIOS 18,3, etc.)

Does anyone have suggestions on how to restart my system, and what changes I need to make? I also asked earlier today about whether I could add the 16GB sticks of G.Skills memory... ?

Many thanks! So happy to have Mojave mostly loaded.
First, pick an OS to work on. Easier to diagnose issues if you choose an OS. I suggest Catalina as the hardware is better supported.

Second, use UniBeast to make an installation USB (as noted in my notes, use a USB 2.0 key - NOT a 3.0!). See the guide here.

And then report back. Best to create your own thread to get proper support for your particulars.

Q: I upped our Internet pipe to 1G. On this Hack, I'm only getting sub 100 download, but appropriate upload, but on Windows machines (same network), I'm getting appropriate upload/download speeds. What might be the culprit?

I've looked at the network settings and don't see an apparent issue, and toggling WiFi off didn't make any different either. IPv6 doesn't appear to be in use (I don't think I turned that on in my DHCP server), so I don't think that's a factor.

EDIT: Correct link speed is detected, and setting it manually didn't make any difference either.

Q: I upped our Internet pipe to 1G. On this Hack, I'm only getting sub 100 download, but appropriate upload, but on Windows machines (same network), I'm getting appropriate upload/download speeds. What might be the culprit?

I've looked at the network settings and don't see an apparent issue, and toggling WiFi off didn't make any different either. IPv6 doesn't appear to be in use (I don't think I turned that on in my DHCP server), so I don't think that's a factor.

EDIT: Correct link speed is detected, and setting it manually didn't make any difference either.

I have no idea... I also have 1Gb internet service and everything is working fine. Have you tried updating the IntelMausiEthernet.kext?

I have no idea... I also have 1Gb internet service and everything is working fine. Have you tried updating the IntelMausiEthernet.kext?
Which version of that kext do you have? Mine is 1.0.6

Further note, I see on the Github the project is there, but isn't compiled as a "release" version. If you have that and don't mind sharing, that'd be great...

Further note, I see on the Github the project is there, but isn't compiled as a "release" version. If you have that and don't mind sharing, that'd be great...

I use the original one from Mieze, not one of the forks...

I'm on version 2.5.3d1.

I see the current version is 2.5.3d3 in XCode, but, I'm not sure I'm "building" it correctly. Comes out as an "xarchive" (using 10.9 as the deployment target, and using Product->Archive as the build action). Am I supposed to change that to a "kext" extension and use as normal?

I see the current version is 2.5.3d3 in XCode, but, I'm not sure I'm "building" it correctly. Comes out as an "xarchive" (using 10.9 as the deployment target, and using Product->Archive as the build action). Am I supposed to change that to a "kext" extension and use as normal?

You can find a precompiled one from Mieze. Just search around with Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back