Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question!

The solution to the Windows error was to:
Under Booter > Quirks:
  • SyncRuntimePermissions: TRUE
I only needed to use the last entry, the SyncRuntimePermissions set to TRUE.

I discovered today that my USB Port kext was not installed on my OC version...
So I revisited my old post :
FYI - I decided to get up to speed on Lilu and WEG so I read and followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Then I finally decided to fix my USB stuff. I did a deep dive on using @headkaze 's Hackintool. I read this entire thread:

then I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

and this for High Sierra: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-usb-raise-port-limit-patch-for-high-sierra.226072/

But that last one was a little confusing because it was not made clear in the OP that those port limit patches were different for each version of High Sierra. Post 112 had the latest patch info but even THAT was not quite correct as that info used an Ampersand in the name and Clover goes nuts with it... so eventually I got to : Post 121 with the correct patch info for HS 10.13.6. For your reading pleasure here it is:

XML:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>

So now I could actually see all my ports and it was easy to follow the instructions to use Hackintool to reach the 15 port limit that Mac OS imposes.

Whew! Now I can concentrate on finding a AMD video card to replace my GTX 1080Ti... any suggestions?

I tried simply placing my original USBPorts.kext info in the config file for OC and adding the actual kext in with all the others... but every time I set Quirk "XhciPortLimit" from "/true" to "/false" I lose my SS ports all together.

I am told that my kext SHOULD work as determined previously but something is missing.
Time for a re-do of that kext. I'll keep you posted....

/Bob

I rebuilt the USBPorts.kext and it worked. Great.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 1.53.32 PM.png

My board has two additional ASM2142 USB 3.1 ports that I ignored. They seem to be detected but don't run at the 3.1 speeds. The case has two SS ports (SS01 and 02) and the rest are on the back panel.

Also, I have a WiFi/BlueTooth card (internal) that is using one of my USB internal ports (HS14). I have decided to sacrifice two ports from the back panel (HS07 and 08) to reach the 15 port limit.

I rebuilt the USBPorts.kext and it worked. Great.

View attachment 503309

My board has two additional ASM2142 USB 3.1 ports that I ignored. They seem to be detected but don't run at the 3.1 speeds. The case has two SS ports (SS01 and 02) and the rest are on the back panel.

Also, I have a WiFi/BlueTooth card (internal) that is using one of my USB internal ports (HS14). I have decided to sacrifice two ports from the back panel (HS07 and 08) to reach the 15 port limit.
why have you set all those to internal?

I just used what showed up. I did not change anything from what Hackintool reported. Was that an issue?
use the drop down options to change from internal to usb3.0/2.0 etc depending on the port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back