Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
05/27/2020 10.15.5 Update

Updated to 10.15.5

1. Back up your system. I use Carbon Copy Cloner. This is SOP when doing updates.
2. Updated Clover to r5118.
3. Updated Lilu, Whatevergreen, and AppleALC to latest version.
3. Install the update. System will reboot twice and then you should be good to go. If Clover does not automatically choose the "Installer Preboot from Preboot", you must choose that on reboots.

Update installed without any issues.

06/02/2020 10.15.5 Supplemental Update

Updated to 10.15.5 Supplemental

1. Back up your system. I use Carbon Copy Cloner. This is SOP when doing updates.
2. Did not update any kexts or Clover.
3. Install the update. System will reboot three times and then you should be good to go. If Clover does not automatically choose the "Installer Preboot from Preboot", you must choose that on reboots. NOTE: Last message displayed during update was about booting from the installer data drive - Clover didn't display that on reboot, so booted into the OS as usual without trouble.

09/03/2020 10.15.6 Supplemental Update

Updated to 10.15.6 Supplemental

Because I use Parallels, I skipped the 10.15.6 update given there were issues with virtual machines in some cases.

2. Updated Clover to 5122.
3. Updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.
4. Installed the update. System will reboot three times and then you should be good to go. If Clover does not automatically choose the "Installer Data via Preboot", you must choose that on reboots. You may get a black screen after the last reboot that lasts a little longer than usual, so just wait that out and the logon screen will appear.

10/20/2020 10.15.7 Update

Updated to 10.15.7

2. Did NOT update Clover. Clover versions 5123 and beyond utilize a bit of OpenCore - introducing a Quirks section, and I haven't sussed that out for this build.
3. Updated Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.
4. Installed the update. System will reboot three times (once to begin install, second time near the beginning of when the installation is in progress, and then a final time that brings you to the login screen) and then you should be good to go. If Clover does not automatically choose the "Installer Data via Preboot", you must choose that on reboots. You may get a black screen after the last reboot that lasts a little longer than usual, so just wait that out and the logon screen will appear.

@pastrychef, @Stork... or anyone else knowledgeable...

Now that Big Sur is around the corner, and Clover r5123+ incorporates some OC to accommodate it, how does one figure out what "Quirks" are needed for one's system? Also, I run Windows via Parallels, so need the Vt-d - I don't believe that Vt-x exists in this BIOS (I don't recall seeing it, just Vt-d). Does that preclude the use of OC, or should I work on switching to OC given Big Sur's requirements and Clover's potential issues provided the Vt-d isn't a problem for OC? I had read that Windows under OC wasn't necessarily a great experience, but not sure if that particular report is stale.

Thanks!

Now that Big Sur is around the corner, and Clover r5123+ incorporates some OC to accommodate it, how does one figure out what "Quirks" are needed for one's system? Also, I run Windows via Parallels, so need the Vt-d - I don't believe that Vt-x exists in this BIOS (I don't recall seeing it, just Vt-d). Does that preclude the use of OC, or should I work on switching to OC given Big Sur's requirements and Clover's potential issues provided the Vt-d isn't a problem for OC? I had read that Windows under OC wasn't necessarily a great experience, but not sure if that particular report is stale.

Thanks!

I haven't been able to get Clover to work reliably with Big Sur Public Beta so I can't say...

I've never had a problem leaving VT-x and VT-d enabled.

I almost always boot Windows from the BIOS boot menu, not the Clover boot menu or OpenCore boot menu.

Last edited:
Running Windows that way is not an option for me. ;)

Of course. However, as it is a VM in Parallels, I can't exactly start Windows that way... ;)

Thanks!

I run Open core with vt-d disabled; and I use Parallels with windows I have no issues that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back