Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
r4961 works for me. Thank you.

I thought that I would have to use r5980 to install the Security Update but I updated my kexts and let it fly and the update worked with r4630. I guess I don't need it after all.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

GitHub only contains the source files (at least I can't find a downloadable) and I'm not about to try and compile a version using Xcode...

You have to go to releases in github. Here you'll find the newest versions.

You have to go to releases in github. Here you'll find the newest versions.
I guess that shows how often I go to github. I did not recognize their symbol for a “page tab”

Would you please tell me how to get the Mac to stop bugging me everyday to update?

First in Terminal find out the name of the update :
Code:
softwareupdate -l

Once you have identified it :
Code:
softwareupdate --ignore "name of update"

If the name contains spaces then put it in quotation marks.
Case appears to be important.

Last edited:
I guess that shows how often I go to github. I did not recognize their symbol for a “page tab”

Many of these kexts have a link in their descriptions to the releases page. You can also add "releases" to the end of the url to get there...

So... after I installed the Security Update my handoff is confused.

First - Apple reported that I have a "new" Mac using my Apple login.
Second - Messages app would not work until I added this "new" computer to the iPhone messages preferences.
Third - Handoff has not caught up to the "new" computer. My iPads and iPhones no longer see the "new" Mac to choose from.

What could I have done to trigger that from Apple?

:eek:

Did your UUID somehow get changed/removed???

:eek:

Did your UUID somehow get changed/removed???

Yes it did!
I'm not sure when... I think that I had used MultiBeast to try and update Clover and somehow the config.plist changed SOME of the values but not all.

I compared it with the copy in the EFI Backups folder that Clover creates when it updates and lo and behold the config.plist had changed. Copied the old one back and Bob's 'Yer Uncle!

Thanks @JCMunsonII !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back