Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all you should use and download the latest version of Multibeast. You can find it in the download section or here.

Then reboot again to install your efi in a good manner: you will first need to plug in your Bootable stick created with unibeast and choose it in your bios as first option of bootable volumes. with the stick attached you can boot your hack again (and reach the finder) and start to rebuild your efi folder.

about your multibeast choices:
- i wouldn't use the quick start

Things you should install with multibeast :

-For Audio drivers, check the AppleALC box and the 100/200/300 Series Audio support.
-Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
-Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
-Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor
-Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet
-Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll.kext
- Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Bood Mode + Emulated NVRAM
-Customize > Sys Def > iMac > iMac 18,3.
-Really important is, that you check in the graphics section "Core GRaphic fixup aka Whatevergreen"

after you installed this reboot. to check if your efi is built correctly, unplug later your bootable usb and rebbot again. if you manage now to reach the finder, the first step for a stable hack is done.

after this you should read the iDiot's guides about kext and lilu and its plugin and maybe download hackintool for further improvements.

Last edited:
@JCMunsonII - Thank you. I did boot, but after shutting down and then rebooting, it crashed every time. It seemed connected to the MultiBeast additions that I'd made, so I listed them. The only "attempt to install over it" occurred by mistake on one of these reboot attempts. Ought I reinstall, re-format again?

@JCMunsonII - Thank you. I did boot, but after shutting down and then rebooting, it crashed every time. It seemed connected to the MultiBeast additions that I'd made, so I listed them. The only "attempt to install over it" occurred by mistake on one of these reboot attempts. Ought I reinstall, re-format again?
You shouldn't update the OS before you've run MultiBeast correctly, and you have a more or less stable hack. What you have to try now, is to boot with the (by UniBeast built) bootable stick and rebuild your EFI correct as described above (post791). Easiest way to do so is by deleting your EFI folder and the rerun MultiBeast with the correct settings.

10.14.6 Supplemental Update

Backed up via Carbon Copy Cloner then ran the update. The update installed without issues, just like the standard update did.

I'm still trying to decide whether switching to an AMD video card is worth it... still on High Sierra. Are there any new features that I simply must have?? I haven't seen anything on Mojave or Catalina.

Suggest something worth $500 please.

macOS is designed with the AMD card(s) in mind. It does work better as a result. The Vega 64 I have in the system works better with macOS than the GTX 1070 did. So it was worth it going forward. Obsolescence is another (big) reason.

In my case, I use Windows to play Battlefield and nVidia is better for that.
I agree that obsolescence might be a factor but I can't see an actual reason to switch other than that. There are no new features that excite me enough.

Am I wrong?

At the moment, no. I don't think AMD can compete with the 1080Ti in your system. If, however, you want to move forward to Mojave, you will need to change cards.

Love my monitor. I have no issues with it (and I do art/photography) in terms of typography, etc. I have it scaled and everything is very smooth. :D

As to how it compares to a 5K monitor - hard to say, I don't have one to do a side-by-side comparison.

As for the "PPI," I think dot size is the proper comparison. You'll have smaller dots at smaller screen sizes that support the same resolution and sometimes that can lead to eye strain. I did have a 24" 4K monitor, and the 28" is tons better for that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back