Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Stork it now sleeps correctly! Well, almost correctly. It reboots instead of waking up...could Darkwake be the culprit? Mine is set to darkwake=0
I don't set Darkwake; I have dart=0. Dunno what's causing your rebooting.

Ok, I'll try that combo. I already had dart=0 so now I'll remove the dark wake setting.

edit: Same results. Reboot instead of wake up. It gets all the way to the desktop showing on both screens and then a reboot happens.

It might be related to my inability to shutdown the computer also. It always reboots instead of shutting down. I have a spare drive with Sierra installed that sleeps and shuts down correctly so my issues are related to HS.

Last edited:
@Bob_the_Tomato Honestly, I don't have an answer for that. I haven't been running the HWMonitor software for some time as temps have been pretty consistent in their behavior.

Sleep stopped working after the latest clover, and, yes, also with the latest HS update. I'm not sure why this is.

I also get the reboot behavior - CodeCommander is not present in /L/E and dart=0 (no darkwake).

I finally decided to update to HS 10.13.6
I made a bootable clone using my Windows version on Acronis True Image - it worked! It cloned both the main partition AND the EFI partition and my system booted as it should.

Since I had a working clone I decided to update the clone and see what I would run into. The update from 10.13.4 to 10.13.6 through the MAS went swimmingly. Other than needing new drivers for the nVidia 1080Ti everything works, even audio survived!

NOW I'm ready for Mojave!

I also finally enabled QuickSync... a month too late as I really could have used this when I was finishing my FCPX project.

I followed @pastrychef instructions:

For Kaby Lake:
1. In Clover Configurator, Graphics section:
a. Enable "Inject Intel"
b. In ig-platform-id, enter "0x59120003"
2. In Clover Configurator, Devices section:
a. In IntelGFX, enter "0x59128086"
3. Download Lilu.kext.
4. Download IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.
5. Install both kexts in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
*Note: Both kexts may need updating with macOS updates.

If you follow through with the links (above) you realize that his instructions need updating. The IntelGraphicsFixup.kext has been replaced by WhateverGreen.kext in combination with Lilu.kext (version 1.2.5 min). I tried to DL the WhateverGreen.kext but all I could find in the link was the XCODE project which would not build... so I was trying to find somewhere to DL a compiled copy of WhateverGreen.kext. I discovered that MultiBeast now contains that kext! So I DL'd the latest MB and then I opened MultiBeast NOT by running that app but by using the Finder to Show Package Contents to find the installer with the MB app. I then installed WhateverGreen using THAT installer package.

Then I realized that I had multiple copies of Lilu.kext AND IntelGraphicFixup.kext so after cleaning up the SLE and LE copies I made sure that WhateverGreen.kext AND Lilu.kext were only in the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and rebooted.

I checked for a working QuickSync using the tried and true method of using MacX Video Converter Pro app.
Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 10.16.15 AM.png

Phew! What a workaround....

/Bob

Last edited:
I also finally enabled QuickSync... a month too late as I really could have used this when I was finishing my FCPX project.

I followed @pastrychef instructions:

If you follow through with the links (above) you realize that his instructions need updating. The IntelGraphicsFixup.kext has been replaced by WhateverGreen.kext in combination with Lilu.kext (version 1.2.5 min). I tired to DL the WhateverGreen.kext but all I could find in the link was the XCODE project which would not build... so I was trying to find somewhere to DL a compiled copy of WhateverGreen.kext. I discovered that MultiBeast now contains that kext! So I DL'd the latest MB and then I opened MultiBeast NOT by running that app but by using the Finder to Show Package Contents to find the installer with the MB app. I then installed WhateverGreen using THAT installer package.

Then I realized that I had multiple copies of Lilu.kext AND IntelGraphicFixup.kext so after cleaning up the SLE and LE copies I made sure that WhateverGreen.kext AND Lilu.kext were only in the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and rebooted.

I checked for a working QuickSync using the tried and true method of using MacX Video Converter Pro app.
View attachment 348165

Phew! What a workaround....

/Bob

The latest version of Clover Configurator can assist with the installation of WhateverGreen and Lilu.
Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 10.15.14 AM.png
Also, there is a new method of injecting ig-platfor-id. It is detailed here.

Still no joy for hardware encoding here. Though I'm not certain I have everything set up correctly.

Still no joy for hardware encoding here. Though I'm not certain I have everything set up correctly.

Please post your config.plist. I can have a look for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back