Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I am staring at my iPad plugged in to my hack and the words "Not Charging" are really bugging me. I found a post where @pastrychef says to change EC0 to EC in the ACPI section but the iPad still won't charge...

Enable USB Power Properties So USB Ports Can Charge iPads
For those using iMac14,2 system definition:
1. Rename EC0 to EC in Clover Configurator. (Already done if you did the Rename Devices To What macOS Expects above)
"change EC0 to EC 4543305f 45435f5f"

Last edited:
trial and error, whichever one works :)

@pastrychef also says that if you are using... I let him tell it:

If you will be using an Apple SSUBX SSD, go to your EFI partition, go to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/ and replace VBoxHSF-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi. This fixes a boot delay when OS X starts up. Also, you will need an adaptor to plug the SSUBX in to the motherboard's M.2 slot. I used an Adapter Card to M.2 NGFF X4 for 2013 2014 2015 apple MacBook Air A1465 A1466 SSD. (Update: HFSPlus.efi works well with a Samsung SM951.)

My SSD is a standard SATA 6GB that I did NOT convert to APFS so I think I'll leave the VBoxHFS-64 file alone for now.

How do I point clover to an alternate config file?
When you get the Clover boot menu, go to the Clover boot options and you'll find an entry to select a config file.

NOTE: Sleep has stopped working altogether with either the combination of the latest OS build and/or Clover release. For now, I've simply set the monitor to turn off and leave the system active until I can diagnose it.

Does anyone remember/know the terminal command to see what keeps sleep from happening?

I'm just wondering aloud here...

My computer has two SSD's and two HDD's. I use the HWMonitor app to check on things like temperatures. ALL my drives seem to be running hot - around 45º C after an hour of usage. Also, the two HDDs seem to be spinning all the time and never going to sleep.

I have set the Sys Prefs setting to Put Drives To Sleep When Ever Possible. I think things started getting too hot after the High Sierra update.

Any thoughts? Also, I was wondering if HWMonitor was keeping the drives awake by constantly checking their temps? Is that even possible?

Also - Sleep hasn't worked for me (again) for a few months. Also after the HS update.

I'm just wondering aloud here...
Also - Sleep hasn't worked for me (again) for a few months. Also after the HS update.
I had to remove CodecCommander.kext from the /L/E/ folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back