Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the "custom install" portion when I updated...oops! ;)

I ALWAYS do Custom when dealing with Clover, that sucker is way too dangerous otherwise. ;)

BTW, if you download and install the tonymacx86 Clover r4586, it has all the appropriate settings and files to work on your hack. :thumbup:

I think I screwed up somewhere! I have been unable to update from 10.13.4 to any other newer OS version. I think this is after I had installed my AMD RX 580 and using your recommendation @Stork To change my SMBIOS definition from iMac18,3 to iMac14,2 since I couldn’t get anything except the black screen. That worked great for a while, but I have been unable to update my iOS because, I suspect, outside of a serial number I had nothing populated in under my SMBIOS. So needless to say I did a really dumb thing and decided to give another go to iMac18,3 system definition. DUMB MOVE! For the last hour or so I have tried every trick in the book to boot into my OS with zero success, and I don’t seem to have the option in the clover booth option to change things back to use 14,2. Is there a way for me to boot into the OS temporarily to change things back to 14,2?

If you created a backup copy of your config file, when Clover boots, just point it to that one...

Otherwise, post screenshots of your verbose boot (please start your own thread as your setup is different than this topic), and someone will work on helping you.

I...Is there a way for me to boot into the OS temporarily to change things back to 14,2?
Boot with your UniBeast created USB installation thumb drive.

Boot with your UniBeast created USB installation thumb drive.
I did that, but it simply shows up as another available drive under clover options. I tried to select it, but it just takes me to an installation screen or a utilities screen. Do I need to force another clover config using the terminal?

So....
I noticed from these latest screenshots that you guys have HFSPlus-64.efi in your driver64UEFI Folder, for some reason I have VBoxHfs-64.efi

Which one should I be using?
trial and error, whichever one works :)

If you created a backup copy of your config file, when Clover boots, just point it to that one...

Otherwise, post screenshots of your verbose boot (please start your own thread as your setup is different than this topic), and someone will work on helping you.
How do I point clover to an alternate config file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back