Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the only kext in .../Clover/kexts/Other/ is FakeSMC. I let MultiBeast put them in the correct location. (I can't remember why I moved FakeSMC to .../Other/.) Now, for those of you using Luli, etc., you could put those kexts in .../Other/, but, since I'm not using those "extra" kexts right now, I would default them to /L/E/ first to see if they work. After all, Apple designed /L/E/ for 3rd party kexts.

Lilu had to go in Other for me, along with its pals. L/E led to issues when I tried that.

I suggest that you follow this guide and start fresh.
  • Your config.plist is missing ACPI DSDT renames.
  • You have duplicate kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and /Library/Extensions/.
  • You have lots of kexts that I don't think are necessary.
  • The SMBIOS section of your config.plist has a lot of blank fields.
I have tried to wrap my head around ACPI DSDT renames. For example per @JCMunsonII guide initially under section titled: "Fixing On-board Graphics" we are supposed to "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" and "Rename HECI to IMEI," however after he upgrades his GPU under section:

5/25/2017
- Installed an nVidia 1070 FTW2 card using the following method:
  1. In Clover Configurator, remove ACPI->Rename GFX0 to IGPU and remove Rename HECI to IMEI
I basically did the same thing. I initially started with onboard Intel630HD, but when I upgraded to RX580, I removed as he did.

I finally got the vide card installed and per @Stork I changed the System Definition from iMac18,3 to 14,2. The AMD RX 580 works flawlessly now. However, I have discovered that I am unable to update to 10.3.5 (image attached). Regardless whether I use the App Store or a Combo Update. Tried every trick in the book and I suspect that it has something to do with my SMBIOS basically being blank. Also, upon inspection of my EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin I don't have a single DSDT.aml file. Not sure if they're necessary. To say that I'm confused is an understatement. It would be good to see at least a screenshot of someone's EFI folder structure, to see which files belong and which ones don't.

Attachments

• OSX 10.3.5 Update Error.JPG
    OSX 10.3.5 Update Error.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 202
  • DSDT missing.png
    DSDT missing.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
The only files I've put in the ACPI folder, which is "patched" BTW, are for a custom USB map (as you can't use all the USB ports that are available on the motherboard, which is a macOS limitation), and a custom power management implementation. Both of those can be generated by following the instructions on this site (the references should be in my build post).

Updated to 10.13.6 today.

07/10/2018 - 10.13.6 Supplemental Update
Updated to 10.13.6 Supplemental Update

Backup/clone your system first.

Steps:

1. Update Clover Configurator (if necessary).
2. Update to latest Clover version (if not already). !!! IMPORTANT !!! See note below about Clover!
3. Copy latest apfs.efi to EFI>Clover>drivers64UEFI, replacing existing apfs.efi.
4. In the App Store, go to Updates and start the update process.
5. After reboot, make sure the Installer is selected (Clover should auto-detect that for you).
6. You may have two reboots - this is normal.
7. After installation, you will be prompted to install latest NVidia drivers (if using their card(s)). Do so and restart.
8. I had a CUDA update available, so I installed that as well.

10.13.6 Supplemental Update is now installed!

!!! IMPORTANT !!!
Clover's version r4586 (and likely forward) may temporarily "break" your installation - it may render your machine non-bootable IF you do not have the following two files present in your drivers64UEFI folder: AptioMemoryFix.efi, and ApfsDriverLoader.efi.

The Clover group made a change that deletes "obsolete" files, but, does not supply the replacements. It removes OsxAptioMemoryFix drivers and now uses the above two files instead. With this change you also do not need to copy a new APFS.efi file each update - you may move/remove APFS.efi from the drivers64UEFI folder (I moved it to a safe place - just in case).

To prevent a problem, download those two "new" files from here and here, run the Clover update, then install the needed files in your drivers64UEFI folder if necessary.

For reference on this issue, see this thread.

Updated to 10.13.6 today.

Updated to 10.13.6 Supplemental Update

Worked for me... nice not having to update apfs.efi with every update now.

W1zkJhI.png

Steps:

2. Update to latest Clover version (if not already). !!! IMPORTANT !!! See note below about Clover!

!!! IMPORTANT !!!
Clover's version r4586 (and likely forward) may temporarily "break" your installation - it may render your machine non-bootable IF you do not have the following two files present in your drivers64UEFI folder: AptioMemoryFix.efi, and ApfsDriverLoader.efi.

To prevent a problem, download those two "new" files from here and here, run the Clover update, then install the needed files in your drivers64UEFI folder if necessary.

For reference on this issue, see this thread.

I'm a little confused by the instructions. Under Steps you say to "update Clover version" but stress the fact that doing so may render the machine "non-bootable" apparently due to the potential absence of the two files "AptioMemoryFix.efi, and ApfsDriverLoader.efi." Are you saying that those files MUST be present in the drivers64UEFI folder PRIOR to attempting Clover update to r4586?

If so, it would contradict the description of what occurs during r4586 installation listed here.

There is nothing to be confused over. Clover r4586 makes a change (as noted) that could temporarily "break" your installation. You must supply the missing files to resolve the issue. As I have done it, and resolved it, I can unequivocally state that's what could happen. Now, if your configuration already uses the files, etc., then it shouldn't be an issue for you - however, it is wise to check before rebooting and ending up in a non-bootable state.

There is nothing to be confused over. Clover r4586 makes a change (as noted) that could temporarily "break" your installation. You must supply the missing files to resolve the issue. As I have done it, and resolved it, I can unequivocally state that's what could happen. Now, if your configuration already uses the files, etc., then it shouldn't be an issue for you - however, it is wise to check before rebooting and ending up in a non-bootable state.

Also, if it helps, during the CUSTOM install of the latest Clover, both of the NEW required files are available to be installed. I used those instead of separate links and my system boots fine without apfs.efi installed.

I missed the "custom install" portion when I updated...oops! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back