Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were you trying to accomplish with a DSDT?

What were you trying to accomplish with a DSDT?

Hi thanks for your reply, nothing specifically I was just trying to put my mind at rest that I wasn't missing something out in the grand scheme of things. The question that I am asking is that nobody is using DSDT's anymore because they are not needed now because Clover can do what the DSDT was doing?

If you use Clover Configurator, DSDT patching gets a bit easier as, yes, Clover handles live patching (see ACPI->DSDT section). You can still use DSDTs if necessary of course. With 200-series motherboards, 10.11, Sierra, and High Sierra, live patching is sufficient (so far that I've seen). I have very limited experience in that area so can't really say that is completely the norm.

Updated the motherboard BIOS to 1203 from 1009. Bit of a leap I must say. I tried to save my BIOS settings (you can do this under Tools), but, as I didn't fully grock how that worked, I effed that and had to start my BIOS setting from scratch (no biggie). The BIOS setup did freeze on me a couple times - I ended up saving part of the BIOS settings, rebooting, and continuing which cleared up the issue. I did, also, finally figure out how to save BIOS information, so, hopefully this won't happen again.

Updated the motherboard BIOS to 1203 from 1009. Bit of a leap I must say. I tried to save my BIOS settings (you can do this under Tools), but, as I didn't fully grock how that worked, I effed that and had to start my BIOS setting from scratch (no biggie). The BIOS setup did freeze on me a couple times - I ended up saving part of the BIOS settings, rebooting, and continuing which cleared up the issue. I did, also, finally figure out how to save BIOS information, so, hopefully this won't happen again.
How did you save the BIOS information?! I did exactly the same as you and had to do all settings from scratch when I went to 1203!

It isn't in an obvious place, but is under Tools. I can't off-hand remember the exact option, but has to do with saving OC settings... Write them out to a USB device - they are not preserved if you do otherwise and then update BIOS. As long as you don't update the BIOS, you can create a number of settings and save them "internally."

Perfect, thanks! I'll do that in a while. Over the next few days I'm going to change my SysDef to 18,3 and try fixing sound as you have.

bombardier & JCMunsonII,

I recommend you keep a written log/diary of you BIOS and other setup changes. I've done that for each of my systems, and it's easy to remember what I did or didn't do. A small, tablet size, spiral notebook will do. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back