Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok you gave me enough reasons there. I will do it as soon as I get a chance :) I will back everything up first this time. How do I make sure the EFI partition is also backed up? Will it come up as a separate drive in something like Carbon Copy Cloner?

Generic question on something that came up with the build:

Is it normal on a Hackintosh to not get a signal on the screen if the computer was switched on before the monitor? When the monitor is already on before I power my system it works as expected but not the other way round...would that also be because of the HD 630 as with the sleep issue?

@JCMunsonII so I did the CPU management fix and that seems to work. Another thing off the list :)

What is a real pain though is a monitor issue I'm having. I have switched off sleep/hibernate completely and not that bothered about it, but the issue I have is that if for instance I switch between monitor input sources, when I come back to hackintosh it just doesn't pick up the monitor, no signal/black screen. Similarly if I delay switching on the monitor on boot, from a point onwards, possibly after the apple logo shows, there will be no signal to the monitor unless I restart. Same thing if I simply turn my screen off then back on during operation.

I have a habit of switching off my screen multiple times a day for breaks so I was caught up a couple of times by that habit, with unsaved work.

Posted in the Graphics section but it's one of the few threads with no replies :shifty: Also the only thing that comes up when I google is my thread...:crazy:

Did you have this issue with HD 630? Or have you encountered it on the forum?

Hi JC. Thanks so much for keeping this updated. I just went to 10.12.6 using your updates as a guide. Most helpful! Had a problem with missing audio but fixed eventually (I'll be posting an update on my thread soon). Just wondered, in your screengrab that shows the 'Hardware Info' and Hardware Encoding Supported: YES - where do you get that information from? I'd like to see if it is on this system too, but not sure what software you're using to get that reported? Thanks.

@JCMunsonII so I did the CPU management fix and that seems to work. Another thing off the list :)
Don't forget the USB custom port patch.

What is a real pain though is a monitor issue I'm having. I have switched off sleep/hibernate completely and not that bothered about it, but the issue I have is that if for instance I switch between monitor input sources, when I come back to hackintosh it just doesn't pick up the monitor, no signal/black screen. Similarly if I delay switching on the monitor on boot, from a point onwards, possibly after the apple logo shows, there will be no signal to the monitor unless I restart. Same thing if I simply turn my screen off then back on during operation.

I have a habit of switching off my screen multiple times a day for breaks so I was caught up a couple of times by that habit, with unsaved work.

Posted in the Graphics section but it's one of the few threads with no replies :shifty: Also the only thing that comes up when I google is my thread...:crazy:

Did you have this issue with HD 630? Or have you encountered it on the forum?
I did not encounter this. I don't switch screen sources, nor do I have any to switch to (my Hack is the only thing connected to the screen), and knowing about the hibernation/sleep problem with the HD630, the issue never surfaced. Perhaps the High Sierra build will address this?

Some things to consider: It could be the monitor (some monitors may not play well in this environment), it could be the type of connection (I use DP, not HDMI), or it could just be a Hack thing and there's not getting 'round it. I doubt it is the latter.

Perhaps @VioletDragon may have some valuable input here?

Hi JC. Thanks so much for keeping this updated. I just went to 10.12.6 using your updates as a guide. Most helpful! Had a problem with missing audio but fixed eventually (I'll be posting an update on my thread soon). Just wondered, in your screengrab that shows the 'Hardware Info' and Hardware Encoding Supported: YES - where do you get that information from? I'd like to see if it is on this system too, but not sure what software you're using to get that reported? Thanks.
See here.

Don't forget the USB custom port patch.

I did not encounter this. I don't switch screen sources, nor do I have any to switch to (my Hack is the only thing connected to the screen), and knowing about the hibernation/sleep problem with the HD630, the issue never surfaced. Perhaps the High Sierra build will address this?

Some things to consider: It could be the monitor (some monitors may not play well in this environment), it could be the type of connection (I use DP, not HDMI), or it could just be a Hack thing and there's not getting 'round it. I doubt it is the latter.

Perhaps @VioletDragon may have some valuable input here?

From what I've seen HD630 suffers with issues on Wake State. I've recently encountered a Black Screen in High Sierra with HD 3000. Might be worth trying a different version of macOS.

From what I've seen HD630 suffers with issues on Wake State. I've recently encountered a Black Screen in High Sierra with HD 3000. Might be worth trying a different version of macOS.

@JCMunsonII @VioletDragon thanks for your replies. I'm on Sierra at the moment. It's on HDMI, the DP didn't work at all from what I tested.

I am still switching between machines as I am slowly transitioning from my 10 year old Mac Pro. Soon that won't be an issue, but being able to switch the screen on/off without worries is kind of basic/essential for me....

I guess I'll just wait to a.) update to High Sierra, when it's tested and smooth or b.) get a discrete video card in, although I would hate to splash out on one and find out that the issue is still there. (Been having my eye on a ASUS 1060 strix 6gb, Black Friday can't come soon enough!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back