Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide.
It's very well written, although it's hard for me to know what steps to skip now that kaby lake has native support.
Quite welcome!

The guide was written from the standpoint of coming from hardware that didn't support Sierra, thus the later updates in the guide.

If you are starting off with Sierra/High Sierra, you'll want to consult the relevant guide here on the forum as they will be more concise.

High Sierra (APFS) fresh install guide?

High Sierra (APFS) fresh install guide?
I don't know if one has been written - you'll need to look in the relevant section of the forum.

@JCMunsonII thanks! I did try that, I even downgraded BIOS versions. Which neither things helped, it turns out I was missing some kext files. I thought MultiBeast would have installed them since I checked them during install, but it seems there may be a bug with that. I found a few others who had similar issues.

I added the following to /S/L/E and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12:
FakePCIID
FakePCIID_XHCIMux
XHCI-200-series-injector
USBInjectAll

Not sure if I need all those in both places, but everything works now. :thumbup:

I don't know much about the EVGA 1070, but that fans don't run. Only one fan has ever kicked on and it was just for a few minutes. I haven't noticed any graph issues and I did read somewhere that the fans only kick on at a certain temp. I just want to confirm, in case there's a problem with hardware monitoring.

The fans will only kick in when the card needs them. :)

Just a little update for anyone running this or similar hardware. I upgraded to High Sierra with no issues. I followed the upgrade guide. I let the nvidia app update itself on initial boot, reloaded the kexts, and all good - everything appears to be working.

Attachments

• geekbench.png
    geekbench.png
    797.7 KB · Views: 78
Great! Thanks for being the wayshower!

Did you use the APFS?

I would have upgraded by now, however, I have two pieces (at least) of software that are not ready for High Sierra, so I must wait a little while yet.

Great! Thanks for being the wayshower!

Did you use the APFS?

I did use APFS.

I honestly was a bit worried to upgrade since I first tried to install 10.13, which was a fail. It would install fine, but on first boot it would crash and burn - probably with graphics. But, the upgrade was painless.

Hi,

I am new here (bet you heard this before :)

I have just finished my first build and first hackintosh OS install is complete. I can only boot in my El Capitan installation using the USB's UEFI. If I boot without it I get the loading screen then the prohibition sign comes up and stays there.

I messed up my installation a few times and had to re-install and start over and as a newbie on this there are too many parameters to even know where to start troubleshooting so it has got a bit overwhelming....

I am including my current config.plist and some screenshots of my EFI folder structure. Do these seem right for my set up? (z270, 7700k, Intel Onboard Graphics, El Capitan). What kexts should I have in my folder? I read I should copy the same set of kexts in 10.10, 10.11 and Other folders so I did but still the same thing? I'm I missing something in config.plist or is there another step after this that will fix the issue? I just need to get a stable installation where it boots into the OS without a UniBeast USB and then i can worry about fixing anything non-essential that doean't work.

Also, not sure if it's relevant but my i7 is currently recognised as a Xeon in System Information. This may be related to wrong Clover options?

Any help on the next step I need to do to complete the installation and avoid breaking everything again would be much appreciated. @Stork @JCMunsonII @RehabMan @bombardier any ideas since you are all at the top of your game here or have builds with similar specs to mine :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 12.00.43.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 12.00.43.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 12.00.50.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 12.00.50.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 12.00.55.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 12.00.55.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 102