Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I let the computer sleep for 3 days - no problem on wakeup. :)

Which mouse are you using exactly?

Which mouse are you using exactly?
As noted in the updates section of the OP, a Logitech MX Master. The downside to the bluetooth is that since I turned the board's BT controller off (allowing for the Fenvi card instead), the mouse is not seen by the BIOS interface. That is not really an issue as you can easily get to everything in BIOS by relevant keystroke.

I also have this case for my 4790K build and LOVE it! I'm not a "builder-builder," but everything turned out so clean because the mess hides so well on the other side. And the 2.5"/SSD caddy is to die for! Beautiful build and guide! ^_^

@p1plup - thank you and glad you enjoy it! :)

Updated the "what doesn't work" section.

Thank you for this great tutorial. It will be helpful when I build my cousin's Hackintosh. He is an Asus HERO mobo lover!

If I may, this is what I learned when using a USB 3.0 flash drive to install Sierra. You will need Rehabman's XHCI-200-series-inject.kext in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in order to use a USB 3.0 flash drive. Do this or stick with a USB 2 drive like you have already stated in your tutorial. I spent over 2 days figuring out this issue when I was building my rig.

Thank you for this great tutorial. It will be helpful when I build my cousin's Hackintosh. He is an Asus HERO mobo lover!

If I may, this is what I learned when using a USB 3.0 flash drive to install Sierra. You will need Rehabman's XHCI-200-series-inject.kext in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in order to use a USB 3.0 flash drive. Do this or stick with a USB 2 drive like you have already stated in your tutorial. I spent over 2 days figuring out this issue when I was building my rig.
I take it you were able to boot/install once that kext was in place?

I take it you were able to boot/install once that kext was in place?
Yes, once the kext is in place, I am able to boot with a USB2/USB3 drive. If I remove the kext, it will only boot with a USB2 drive.

On my USB3 installation drive, I have these kexts in the Other folder:

1. USBInjectAll.kext
2. XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
3. FakeSMC.kext
4. IntelMausiEthernet.kext (I have a Gigabyte board with Intel Ethernet)

Were you installing Sierra then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back