CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If it is the same card that I have, it is PnP. You could have a bad card, or, perhaps another kext might be interfering? Be sure to disable the motherboard's onboard WiFi/BT...

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If it is the same card that I have, it is PnP. You could have a bad card, or, perhaps another kext might be interfering? Be sure to disable the motherboard's onboard WiFi/BT...
I goofed and put it into the bottom X1 slot, which I completely forgot was disabled because I was using a second NVMe drive. After moving it up right below the GPU (not sure it's a good idea to partially block the GPU fan), it worked like a charm.

Motherboard
ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Update to 10.14.5

Overall: update went without issues.

Updated Clover & AppleALC.kext prior, along with CCC backup.

3 restarts - initial, 2 during the update.

Purple lines did appear during the installation, as well as post-installation to initial log-in post installation. Admittedly, expected the first set of purple lines, but not the second, nor the third set - a bit freaky, but all went well - progress bar continued to move during the installation phase with the lines on the screen. The last set, prior to log-in, was a bit scary as the screen blacked out for a bit, though the hard disk light kept going. I left it alone and the log-in screen eventually came up - whew! :D

The first set of purple lines led to an update progress screen showing 37 minutes remaining, the second led to one showing 44 minutes remaining. I point this out as it appeared the system reached a kp and simply rebooted back to the initial update phase. Thankfully it had not.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus Hero IX, BIOS 1301
CPU
i7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am having trouble booting from the USB I created while trying for a clean install of 10.14.5. I have created two different USBs, and the result is the same. Both times I closely followed the instructions (though I could not find IO Serial Port, nor XHCI). While booting from both USBs, the boot appeared to progress to about 1/2 way (as per the slider indicator), then I get a null symbol on a black screen (a circle with a bar across it).

I have also just purchased a Sapphire RX Vega 64 to replace my barely used GTX 1070 to follow what you are doing, Mr. JCMunsonII.

Any help is much appreciated!! :)

Motherboard
CPU
i7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks! I followed Tonymac's (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-install-macos-mojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/). This includes: Clover v.24_r4972, UniBeast 9.2.0 and macOS upgcombo 10.14.5. MultiBeast 11.3.0 is on deck. This did not work. I may be missing something basic. For example, does the bootable USB need the full macOS and not an upgrade or combo upgrade?
Next, I added to the above instructions JCMunsonII's instructions for BIOS Setup (for his Sierra build). I did not, however, make changes in the Clover bootloader Options menu. I kept iMac 14,2 and Clover already recognized i7700k.
Also, ASUS Hero IX has BIOS 1301 x64. I have NOT unboxed the Vega 64, nor have I removed the GTX1070ftw, but its power cables are disconnected. I still get the null symbol (circle with bar across it) about 1/2 through booting from the USB.
What am I missing?

Motherboard
ASUS Z270 MAXIMUS IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
I think the GTX 1070 doesn't work with Mojave, but the vega 64 does. Maybe this is a place to start, or did I got you wrong?

Motherboard
CPU
i7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thank you, Fraxinus. I have not unboxed the Vega 64. My thought was to get it booting without a GPU, before sinking more money into a second one. At the moment, the GTX 1070 is plugged into the Mobo, but I do not have power connected. Neither is the monitor connected to the GPU. It is connected to the motherboard.

Motherboard
CPU
i7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I removed the GTX 1070 from the mobo. The boot fails to load as it failed before. Removing it did not help me.