CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pastrychef - I figured out a way around the button problem, so disregard that part, and now I'm on the "settings" page. Any instructions/explanations for that? I don't want to foobar things...

Motherboard
Asus Z270 Maximus IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I gave up on Sleep for now... but I tried to tackle the USB issue.
So I loaded up IORegistryExplorer to begin documenting the port and came across an interesting issue - no SS## ports.
See:Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 11.43.25 AM.png

Only the HS ports are appearing - no SS ports. Am I not following something?

I checked the USB 3.1 ports in the rear and both of those are operating slow as molasses. I've got one USB-C stick and that is dead slow... 3mbs slow

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@pastrychef - I figured out a way around the button problem, so disregard that part, and now I'm on the "settings" page. Any instructions/explanations for that? I don't want to foobar things...
I have found that "target temperature" set to 50-55 works best for my Vega 56.
I have "idle speed" set to 800 and "target speed" set to 4900. I did not mess with minimum or maximum speed.

On my personal Vega 56, I also undervolted and overclocked the core and HBM but it will be very different for your Vega 64.

Motherboard
Asus Z270 Maximus IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok... you won't believe this but...I noticed that I had three duplicate kexts - both in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and in L/E so I removed the duplicates in the EFI partition. I began tinkering with the USB and created the post above and then went to yell at teenage girls for two hours (Softball class at High School) and I put my computer to sleep. I came back and "woke" up my computer expecting it to reboot as usual and guess what! It woke up properly!.... Hmmm It must be a fluke...It couldn't have been that easy, could it?

Motherboard
ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I loaded up IORegistryExplorer to begin documenting the port and came across an interesting issue - no SS## ports.
See:View attachment 351395

I checked the USB 3.1 ports in the rear and both of those are operating slow as molasses. I've got one USB-C stick and that is dead slow... 3mbs slow
I'm not sure how 3.1 ports are listed (aren't they Thunderbolt?), and, since I don't have any peripherals that use them, I can't comment...

I'll have a look at my output when I get to the office for the others...

Have you implemented a custom USB SSDT yet?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have found that "target temperature" set to 50-55 works best for my Vega 56.
I have "idle speed" set to 800 and "target speed" set to 4900. I did not mess with minimum or maximum speed.

On my personal Vega 56, I also undervolted and overclocked the core and HBM but it will be very different for your Vega 64.
This is where I'm sitting:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.35.06 AM.png

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
See:View attachment 351395

I seem to have HS ports only with just one SS port. As stated though, I don't use any Thunderbolt ports so can't comment there.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
My system does seem to be performing quite a bit better with the Vega64 card installed (especially after fixing the idle fan speed). I don't have the application "stutter" that oftimes occurred, and overall, things are noticeably "smoother."

If you are setting out to build a machine, I suggest considering the AMD series of cards that are supported by MacOS over NVidia.