Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, for those who haven't been following...

And now I'll be testing sleep...

I’ll be watching for this...and doing my own testing..while listening to an old LP of Uriah Heep...

I had no crashes overnight, so that was a good thing... testing continues...

Overnight sleep worked perfectly - even got "wake from mouse movement" back (I have a wireless Logitech MX Master mouse). The real test will be over the weekend for "deep sleep."

I am not sure if the box slept over the weekend completely successfully - the monitor was on though the screen itself was off. Otherwise, it appeared to be a-snooze (the power light blinks when sleeping).

I had Power Nap enabled, now have it disabled so will see what happens.

Vega 64 card arrived over the weekend, so swapped out the NVidia 1070 FTW from EVGA for the MSI Radeon Vega 64 OC Air Boost card. Nothing needed doing in terms of system prep - just swapped the cards and turned the system back on. Screen settings/scale were preserved.

I also took the opportunity to clean the inside of the case - wow, a lot of dust. Not really visible through the side, however, definitely dusty. Semi-annual cleaning may be in order.

I can't remark on "system smoothness" yet, though with the current setup (minus the NVidia card), everything is operating as expected. There is a perceptible fan running on the video card. The Corsair Air case is like a European car on the road - you can feel every bump, and the case allows you to hear every noise. The fan isn't a horrible thing (definitely FAR less noise than the older server I have sitting next to me), but I may have to install that fan kext if I notice anything odd about it. The NVidia fans, if they ever even came on, were practically silent.

Thanks @pastrychef !

Vega 64 card arrived over the weekend, so swapped out the NVidia 1070 FTW from EVGA for the MSI Radeon Vega 64 OC Air Boost card. Nothing needed doing in terms of system prep - just swapped the cards and turned the system back on. Screen settings/scale were preserved.

I also took the opportunity to clean the inside of the case - wow, a lot of dust. Not really visible through the side, however, definitely dusty. Semi-annual cleaning may be in order.

I can't remark on "system smoothness" yet, though with the current setup (minus the NVidia card), everything is operating as expected. There is a perceptible fan running on the video card. The Corsair Air case is like a European car on the road - you can feel every bump, and the case allows you to hear every noise. The fan isn't a horrible thing (definitely FAR less noise than the older server I have sitting next to me), but I may have to install that fan kext if I notice anything odd about it. The NVidia fans, if they ever even came on, were practically silent.

Thanks @pastrychef !

Try the kext. It helps a lot. Under normal circumstances (with window open or a/c turned on), I can't even tell the difference between when the computer is sleeping or when it wakes.

Hmmm... I downloaded the VGTab, however, pushing the card selection button yields nada... thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back