Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´ll definitely try this, my specs are similar to yours, except I got a Maximus IX Code, 16gb tridentz rgb and a gtx 1080.

as long as its 270 and 7700k i dont see how anything else matters.... backup first just incase. maybe even test from your thumb drive. And wait 15-30min before running AppleIntelInfo.kext as the states need to be generated

I´ll definitely try this, my specs are similar to yours, except I got a Maximus IX Code, 16gb tridentz rgb and a gtx 1080.
Hmmm... I wonder how similar that actually is... An Asus MB and TridentZ RAM, but the rest is quite different... ;) :lol:

Installed an LG BH16NS40 BD/DVD reader/writer. This one also uses the super multi disk (128GB!), though I haven't tried it yet. Do not know if the super multi disk will work, and am not sure I can get 4k working (so far I haven't). The system recognizes the drive via a generic driver. Perhaps if I can get a "native" or "manufacturer" driver, things might be a little different. Plays Blu-Ray disks just fine in VLC! :) [NOTE: This has been added to the OP]

If anyone knows if there is a driver for this drive from LG, or, if there is a better configuration step than the "Generic...Driver," please do let me know.

Also, if anyone has any advice on getting the 4k aspect working, I'm open to that as well. Not so easy to track that down and get it functional. Seems it either works or doesn't and the information I found doesn't match the current VLC setup.

Apple never supported Blu-Ray natively. It will work as a CD/DVD player/writer but you'll have to use 3rd party apps to read/write Blu-Ray.

Apple never supported Blu-Ray natively. It will work as a CD/DVD player/writer but you'll have to use 3rd party apps to read/write Blu-Ray.
I figured as much since I haven't seen a Mac listing "Blu-Ray" as a component (so-to-speak). Trouble is finding a 4K solution that works... ;) It isn't THAT big of a deal, but, still, I *do* have a 4K monitor after all... :D

Finally found the BIOS option to disable the iGPU. It is under System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics (under Vt-d) > Primary Display. Can't believe I missed that. Oh, wait, yes, I can...

And I do believe that solved my HDCP problem (with Amazon) too...

The only problem I have with the case so far is that when the radiator fans spin up the grill cover rattles. I have my radiator mounted to the "ceiling". I'll have to work on silencing that part if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back