Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Radeon Deinit. I have the same card in a build I did for a friend. Super easy to maintain.

With the most recent Nvidia web driver lag issue, I'm seriously considering the leap to AMD as well. The only thing holding me back are the extremely inflated prices on the cards due to the crypto currency mining craze.
How were you able to get RX 580 work? No matter what I do, the only way to get the login screen is to force InjectATI in Clover Boot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the verbose in slo-mo:

Yes. I had to change the System Definition from iMac18,3 to iMac14,2 and everything works!

I used MultiBeast v10.3.0 by just selecting:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Build > Install​
Then reboot.

How were you able to get RX 580 work? No matter what I do, the only way to get the login screen is to force InjectATI in Clover Boot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the verbose in slo-mo:

Please post your EFI folder. If you install your hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/, what do you have installed there?

Please post your EFI folder. If you install your hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/, what do you have installed there?

By "EFI folder", you mean the one that is located inside the hidden partition on the system drive, right? If so, attached.

Attachments

• luckyal_EFI.zip
    32.5 MB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot 2018-06-02 14.41.48.png
    Screenshot 2018-06-02 14.41.48.png
    135 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot 2018-06-02 14.42.26.png
    Screenshot 2018-06-02 14.42.26.png
    193 KB · Views: 201
By "EFI folder", you mean the one that is located inside the hidden partition on the system drive, right? If so, attached.

I suggest that you follow this guide and start fresh.
  • Your config.plist is missing ACPI DSDT renames.
  • You have duplicate kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and /Library/Extensions/.
  • You have lots of kexts that I don't think are necessary.
  • The SMBIOS section of your config.plist has a lot of blank fields.

I suggest that you follow this guide and start fresh.
  • Your config.plist is missing ACPI DSDT renames.
  • You have duplicate kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and /Library/Extensions/.
  • You have lots of kexts that I don't think are necessary.
  • The SMBIOS section of your config.plist has a lot of blank fields.
I followed this exact guide, but omitted the GPU instructions since @JCMunsonII was installing the Nvidia 1070. So initially I was using the onboard Intel 630 HD. I do use this computer for Audio Production so I have a few extra extensions, like the Duet, Soundflower etc. I'm struggling to understand why some extensions must reside on the EFI partition and others in Library.

I followed this exact guide, but omitted the GPU instructions since @JCMunsonII was installing the Nvidia 1070. So initially I was using the onboard Intel 630 HD. I do use this computer for Audio Production so I have a few extra extensions, like the Duet, Soundflower etc. I'm struggling to understand why some extensions must reside on the EFI partition and others in Library.

You have a lot of FakePCIID kexts. I don't think most are needed.
It is recommended that kexts to installed to /Library/Extensions/. There are exceptions to this rule, such as FakeSMC.kext which should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

You missed all the DSDT renames in the guide. You can skip the Nvidia stuff, then just install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and your AMD card should work.

Updated to 10.13.5 Supplemental Update

Backup/clone your system first.

Steps:

1. Update Clover Configurator (if necessary).
2. Update to latest Clover version (if not already).
3. Copy latest apfs.efi to EFI>Clover>drivers64UEFI, replacing existing apfs.efi.
4. In the App Store, go to Updates and start the update process.
5. After reboot, make sure the Installer is selected (Clover should auto-detect that for you).
6. You may have three reboots - this is normal.
7. After installation, you will be prompted to install latest NVidia drivers (if using their card(s)). Do so and restart.
8. CUDA had not been updated as of the time of this writing, however, when it is, update that as well.

10.13.5 Supplemental Update is now installed!

Last edited:
You have a lot of FakePCIID kexts. I don't think most are needed.
It is recommended that kexts to installed to /Library/Extensions/. There are exceptions to this rule, such as FakeSMC.kext which should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

You missed all the DSDT renames in the guide. You can skip the Nvidia stuff, then just install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and your AMD card should work.
I had to travel for work, but I'm back now and I got the AMD card to work...FINALLY. But I am struggling sort through and figure out which kexts I should have in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ vs kexts I should have in the /Library/Extensions/

For example, you say that most kexts should reside in /Library/Extensions with exceptions to the rule "such as FakeSMC.kext". In this post, however, you state that both Lilu should reside in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ - which confuses the heck out of me.

Can you post a screenshot of how your kexts are organized and which ones you have? Like @Stork I use my rig for audio production with a single Apogee Duet FW card, and honestly I was expecting a significant upgrade over my Late 2009 iMac i7 2.8GHz. Though I'm definitely getting much better GeekBench scores over the iMac, my CPU Audio performance in Logic is about the same as it was on the old iMac. I suspect it's because I don't have a good handle on the kext arrangement and power management. I have also been unable to upgrade to 10.3.5 from 10.3.4. Any help would me very much appreciated.

Attachments

• luckyal 2many kexts.png
    luckyal 2many kexts.png
    301.8 KB · Views: 122
To be honest, I am keeping all the kexts I need to have installed (as part of having a "hack") in my Clover installation, and not in Library/Extensions. This seems to have kept my system running very smoothly. The only part I haven't gotten to work is Quick Sync - though it isn't much of an issue for me.

I don't run and audio production setup, so I can't speak for the other things you may have to do, and, obviously, neither do I have an AMD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back