Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX SKYLAKE + Samsung 950 PRO 512GB + ASUS GTX 970 STRIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170I
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
Nvidia 970GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi all,

I just completed a build with the following spec:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card

I followed 2 guides, one by neilhart mainly for mac osx installation

and other guide by ammulder, mainly for post-installation and dual boot installation

also I downloaded the NVME driver from here

all is working fine except for WIFI and BLUETOOTH, Airdrop disabled (doesn't show up in preference).

I am sharing the extra ssdt and kext (not from official download) for those plan to have similar build.

Good luck and thanks for those who made the original files and the guide!

Attachments

• IntelMausiEthernet.kext
    512 bytes · Views: 334
  • USBInjectAll.kext
    512 bytes · Views: 360
Since these kexts are updated frequently, I recommend you post the kext's author's site in order to ensure any potential user gets the latest version. :thumbup:

thanks for the note, I will update them
I guess I am pretty lost, didn't even know they are constanly updated

Does sleep and iMessage work? Currently trying to decide between this motherboard and the GB Z170N-Wifi and Gaming 5.

Sleep works, except for Audio does not work after a sleep. iMessage works also (for me any way).

Bluetooth is working with Magic mouse/Trackpad and Bluetooth Keyboard work with built-in unit. WiFi does not.

I just don't sleep my machine, but I don't need to with this machine. I am very happy with this motherboard.

Hi, how do you fix sleep?

I've been through neilhart's guide, but he doesn't seem to care for sleep.

Hey bigjimmy,

thanks for sharing your knowledge.

which osx did you install 10.11.3 or 10.11.4? because i want to install 10.11.4 on a very similar hardware and wondering if the install procedure and the aml/kext files are the same as on 10.11.3?

thanks in advance

Ley

ps.: this is my first hackintosh and i don't know a lote so describe it as simple as possible. thanks.

I'm working on a build quite similar to yours, only my CPU is the 6700K version and the board is an ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, full ATX size without the I in its name. Graphics 970 GTX from EVGA and 32GB Corsair RAM.

EDIT: Fixed:
First I had a problem getting the generic NVMeGeneric.kext to work, which is now sorted. It has the usual shutdown/restart bug so I swapped it for RehabMan's patched NVMe kext today.

I have a problem getting my rear USB3 and audio to work with this kext. Audio has worked with NVMeGeneric, although USB did not work at all after boot-up, so I couldn't use mouse and keyboard, even with USB2 ports (had to boot from UniBeast USB drive every time).

Now, with HackrNVMe-Family-10_11_5.kext, USB2 works just as when I booted up from my USB drive, front USB2 & USB3 works as well, but rear USB3 has never worked since I started working on this build. Maybe someone has a clue as to why?

Solution to the USB problem can be found here.

I am kind of desperate and appreciate any kind of help :) Thanks!

Last edited:
bigjimmy have u tried to run Mac OS Sierra on z170i? ur Realtek Audio SSDT worked fine on 10.11.5 and 10.11.6 but on 10.12 PB4 can't run sound using this ssdt.

Hey bigjimmy,

thanks for sharing your knowledge.

which osx did you install 10.11.3 or 10.11.4? because i want to install 10.11.4 on a very similar hardware and wondering if the install procedure and the aml/kext files are the same as on 10.11.3?

thanks in advance

Ley

ps.: this is my first hackintosh and i don't know a lote so describe it as simple as possible. thanks.

hi, it should work, except you need to get the corresponding version of nVidia driver, the rest should be the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back