Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, i5-6500, GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to Supplemental Update went without a hitch, with these steps:

1. Update Clover
2. Uninstall nVidia driver
3. Reboot (without changin the config.plist file)
4. Update via App Store
5. When asked to reboot, do so, but start from the newly created Install partition in Clover
6. After it lets you log back in, install newest nVidia driver
7. Reboot and enjoy!

Hello,

I am a total newbie.

I had a working hackintosh until I decided I wanted to use dual monitors. Everything stopped working and I am back at step one.

Can you direct with to a forum on how to use clover for installation instead of uni/multibest ?

Hello, thanks for this Guide. I'm new to the macOS game, are there information where to put the files and how to create the stick properly?

I would appreciate an answer.

@rickyyofficial, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Many thanks kristof.petho!!!
It worked perfectly on my High Sierra. Have audio working HDMI, Nvidia Web Drivers and everything!

If anyone is interested, I also managed to keep HFS drivers. Did it by following this post to modify minstallconfig.xml using vi. But, since High Sierra does not allow you to format with MacOS Extended Journal, I had to format my targeted SSD drive before in a separated Sierra computer. It worked!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-update-or-fresh-install.232855/#post-1602625.

A quick update, as I ran into no sound after updating to latest Clover version (4497).

The fix is the following:
1. Mount EFI
2. Open your config.plist file
3. Replace

<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>

...with...

<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>

4. Save config.plist and restart you computer
5. ENJOY!

Thanks for sharing! I had only one issue : the NVIDIA graphic card was not working. For the NVIDIA card to work properly, I had to fix it as mentioned in this thread : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...igh-sierra-success.233073/page-2#post-1605346

Specifically, by adding the following kext :
  • Lilu 1.2.0
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.0
  • IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2.0
  • Shiki 2.1.0 (with shikigva=12 flag)
Then, everything works!

Thanks kristof.petho , Never made a hackintosh before,
followed your guide everything working fine. I installed 10.13.6 straight.

With your config_nv.plist all i did was installed nvidia web drivers and my gtx 1080 is working smoothly.

Hi guys, I have followed this guide and all work fine except the stop. After about 4 seconds the system boot up in the log in screen. Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back