EVGA 430 W1, 80+ WHITE 430W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-W1-0430-KR
Amazon - 430w psu

Already Owned

An old case from a garage sale computer
A slightly old SSD from my (old) main computer
A HDD from the same (old) main computer
A disk drive I had lying around

Comments

I had always wanted to build a hackintosh, and now I have! My build is awesome, runs way faster than my old HP. Biggest issue is audio, which I have a Sabrent USB External Stereo 3.5mm Sound Adapter that works natively.

Install Notes

Install was smooth. I followed the Sierra guide, changed my UEFI settings and booted the installer sans-flags. Upon boot I installed graphics driver and Ethernet driver. IMPORTANT FOR ME: After installing UEFI clover, I had to boot from USB or I would get a KP. Solution: clone either the config.plist from the USB or mine to the boot disk. Also, even after installing the graphics driver, I had minor issues with glitching and VRAM. My config.plist has a entry in it that should fix it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 807
Last edited:
Hi how has this build been performing and how would you rate it? What do you use it for?

I'm looking to build with same processor but cheaper h110 mobo from Gigabyte. Thanks for the Config.plist file. People like you rock! :D

Great job! I´m using an ASUS Z170-E too.
I have a couple of questions thou...
What drivers did you use for Ethernet and Audio?
Could you list all the drivers you used to run Sierra?
Thanks and best regards.

Great job! I´m using an ASUS Z170-E too.
I have a couple of questions thou...
What drivers did you use for Ethernet and Audio?
Could you list all the drivers you used to run Sierra?
Thanks and best regards.

Got it.
On the MultiBeast Configuration settings used:
For Audio > 100 Series Audio (pretty self-explanatory)
and for Network > IntelMausEthernet v2.2.0

Everything seems to be working fine.

Hi how has this build been performing and how would you rate it? What do you use it for?

I'm looking to build with same processor but cheaper h110 mobo from Gigabyte. Thanks for the Config.plist file. People like you rock! :D

Hi! This build has been working great, I would rate 9/10. I have used it for running virtual machines, gaming, and my several programming projects. I just love Mac OS much more than Windows, and besides, my hackintosh is more stable than it!
I'm thinking of getting a GTX 950, will update post if I do!

I have practically the same build, Asus Z170-E with an i3-6100 and a GTX 970. I can't figure out the Nvidia web driver with 10.12.5. I can install everything, it boots fine, but the web driver will not load on start up. I've read about all the various tricks and double checks and can't get it. I've tried a few different plist files, none work. Could someone point me on how to fix it. The 6 point guide on Nvidia fix doesn't work for me. Not sure why.

Did you ever update your BIOS on the Z170-E and did it have any effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back