Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z170-Deluxe i7-6700K AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thanks for sharing build of 5700xt. Is sidecar on your build works in poor quality? no matter in wire or wireless.
sidecar works very great on my build if I only use integrate graphic (uhd 630) or with 5700xt without hardware acc in some conditions.
If I enable hw acc on 5700xt, no matter the intel graphic is enabled or not, sidecar only gives poor image. just like the picture attach.

Attachments

• IMG_70DF7721D0DF-1.jpeg
    IMG_70DF7721D0DF-1.jpeg
    752.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Hi, thanks for sharing build of 5700xt. Is sidecar on your build works in poor quality? no matter in wire or wireless.
sidecar works very great on my build if I only use integrate graphic (uhd 630) or with 5700xt without hardware acc in some conditions.
If I enable hw acc on 5700xt, no matter the intel graphic is enabled or not, sidecar only gives poor image. just like the picture attach.
update some test result
by remove or add these two boot arguments

shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94
shikigva=40

remove them
perfect sidecar no HW acc

add them
with hw acc poor sidecar quality

test in both SMBIOS iMac17.1 iMac19.1

config attached

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 145
upgraded to the RX 5700 XT after my RX 580 started acting up, I have the iGPU enabled and have iGPU set as default, both work and I am Intel hardware encoding and decoding.
Can you share how you did this? I am trying to get my RX 5700 working. I really appreciate it.

If you're having issues that are not related to a z170-Deluxe build, please open a new topic.

Hello,

thanks for your EFI files. I would like to know how properly your CPU speed stepping works? You have a lot of SSDTs and DSDTs. Could you explain what they do?

Many thanks!

Are your multi-monitors working without any changes? Running 2xDP, 1xHDMI but I can only get one of the DP screens to work. The other one is black.

Tried a mixture of WEG, SMBIOS configs, agdp boot params, can't seem to get anything working.

@beelzebozo
Since catalina i'm left with single monitor working after boot on one of the two HDMI ports(rx570). After booting if i unplug and replug the other hdmi port then my second monitor gets detected and works flawlessly. no clue whats happening or any way to get both the monitors working at startup.

@beelzebozo
Since catalina i'm left with single monitor working after boot on one of the two HDMI ports(rx570). After booting if i unplug and replug the other hdmi port then my second monitor gets detected and works flawlessly. no clue whats happening or any way to get both the monitors working at startup.
No idea. I'm using 2x Display Ports. You might need to run Hackintool to get your ports set.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back