Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z170-Deluxe i7-6700K AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the only thing not working unfortunately.
Thank you kindly for the updates, guessing the side car solely relies on integrated graphics rather than dedicated one

Thank you kindly for the updates, guessing the side car solely relies on integrated graphics rather than dedicated one
Not sure. I have Airplay working which is a requirement of Sidecar.

Not sure. I have Airplay working which is a requirement of Sidecar.

strange indeed, cause AMD RX card should be legit and should give access to sidecar but sadly only CPU graphics working with sidecar

strange indeed, cause AMD RX card should be legit and should give access to sidecar but sadly only CPU graphics working with sidecar
Since I game in Windows, I needed to use a GPU other than my GTX 1080 for macOS > High Sierra. I have to have iGPU and GPU enabled in BIOS for Thunderbolt Hot-Plug to work as well. I do have Airplay working and my iPad can connect via Bluetooth which both are required for Sidecar to work, along with a compatible smbios.

I haven't looked into it enough though.

thanks for feedback, after much trial and error i got the sidecar working with my discrete card kinda. I've attached the config.plist if you are interested.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 150
thanks for feedback, after much trial and error i got the sidecar working with my discrete card kinda. I've attached the config.plist if you are interested.
I see your SMBIOS is for a 2019 iMac. Otherwise, don't see anything that sticks out in your config. I am not sure that injecting ig-platform-id is helping it to work either way.

Also keep in mind, the iPad has to be one of the following:
  • 12.9-inch iPad Pro
  • 11-inch iPad Pro
  • 10.5-inch iPad Pro
  • 9.7-inch iPad Pro
  • 6th generation or later iPad or later
  • iPad mini (5th generation)
  • 3rd generation iPad Air
My iPad is 5th generation, so it's not going to work.

Last edited:
I see your SMBIOS is for a 2019 iMac. Otherwise, don't see anything that sticks out in your config. I am not sure that injecting ig-platform-id is helping it to work either way.

Also keep in mind, the iPad has to be one of the following:
  • 12.9-inch iPad Pro
  • 11-inch iPad Pro
  • 10.5-inch iPad Pro
  • 9.7-inch iPad Pro
  • 6th generation or later iPad or later
  • iPad mini (5th generation)
  • 3rd generation iPad Air
My iPad is 5th generation, so it's not going to work.

Yeah, i got the iPad Pro 12.9 and most likely that ig-platform-id works better with that smbios since its skylake processor

Just tested with my daughter's 6th generation iPad and Sidecar worked.
IMG_4141.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back