Contribute
Register

[Success] Asus Z10PA-D8 2683v4 2x64 with Vega FE (no iGPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a tar containing both my Clover (may not be up to date) and OC (more or less but not up to date, but currently in use) EFI. I've moved to a z10ped8-ws board, which is close but not exactly the same. SSDTs may differ a little, but shouldn't affect booting. Note that you need to look in the config.plists and replace where I've put FILLTHISIN (instead of my serial numbers).

This site is trash, so it won't let me upload a tgz, so here it is on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfgs2uph803zx2u/efis_replace_FILLTHISIN.tgz?dl=0

Note that my board has MSR 0xe2 unlocked. Yours will not by default, and will need corresponding patches (disabled in my clover config.plist but present).

Thank's for the files, I will try with it, but i don't know with what i'm supposed to replace the "FILLTHISIN".
With the serial and uuid of my VM ?
In my bios (the last one 3801) I don't find the MSR 0xE2 option for unlock it, how do you made this ?
Is it a custom BIOS ?

I had try with your Clover, and still the same error with "End RandomSeed" "+++++++++++++",
I will try with an other aptio mem fix.
It's a hell with the board init time, windows start and VM starting

You clearly didn't read what I said. You need a custom bios that disables the MSR lock (you can use AMIBCP, here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p5xs7ldz3ic3x7n/AAD3l_Jp-xkJl-5VS9a1gz2oa?dl=0) or you need to use the XCPM patches that are currently in my Clover config but disabled. I believe they are all there, but it's possible I am missing one or two since I have my MSR unlocked. You can find corresponding patches at https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335650-kernelandkextpatches-1013x1014x1015x-x99/ to check, but you definitely need to turn off the disabled check for my config. The FILLTHISIN values need to have a serial number filled in. The MSR lock option in the Asus bios is hidden by default, you have to load it in AMIBCP and set the option to USER. Alternatively you could use OC and it has a built-in option for enabling required patches.

Sorry when I replied, I had read but not understand all of what you said. But after few research, I got it !
I don't know how to good param OC so I will continue with Clover that I start to understand.
That's my first Hackintosh try and I got a "non-conventional" hardware and i'm not an expert so it's a bit difficult for me.
And I'm french so with all that technics terms in English on new softwares than I never used, I'm a bit lost

Come to #hackintosh or #donutbleet on irc.freenode for real time help.

Here is a tar containing both my Clover (may not be up to date) and OC (more or less but not up to date, but currently in use) EFI. I've moved to a z10ped8-ws board, which is close but not exactly the same. SSDTs may differ a little, but shouldn't affect booting. Note that you need to look in the config.plists and replace where I've put FILLTHISIN (instead of my serial numbers).

This site is trash, so it won't let me upload a tgz, so here it is on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfgs2uph803zx2u/efis_replace_FILLTHISIN.tgz?dl=0

Hi Asher-, is there a EFI for z10ped8-ws or for previous z10pa-d8?
Also, have you tried this motherboards with 1600v4 family processors?

Sorry when I replied, I had read but not understand all of what you said. But after few research, I got it !
I don't know how to good param OC so I will continue with Clover that I start to understand.
That's my first Hackintosh try and I got a "non-conventional" hardware and i'm not an expert so it's a bit difficult for me.
And I'm french so with all that technics terms in English on new softwares than I never used, I'm a bit lost

Hi
Did you manage to start the usb boot?
I have that motherboard and it doesn't go beyond pci configuration begin / end
Thank you
Hello
After almost a month
I have successfully installed High Sierra
Now it's time to polish it
Thank you all

Last edited:
Hi, I've the exact same motherboard and problem I'm stuck at PCI config begin.
What have you tried?

Hi
Did you manage to start the usb boot?
I have that motherboard and it doesn't go beyond pci configuration begin / end
Thank you
Hello
After almost a month
I have successfully installed High Sierra
Now it's time to polish it
Thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.