Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS X99 Deluxe + Intel Core i7 5930k + Nvidia GeForce GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does USB 3.0 work on the board?

Sorry, but as being quite a noob, your answer is abacadabra for me.

Then an X99 build is NOT for you.... use one of the other confirmed & supported motherboard/CPU options from the Tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide.

Step 5.

After booting and installing Kexts using Multibeast per usual, I had to use the "EFI" partition to allow OS X to boot without using the USB Installer as ASUS has changed some stuff around and dropped support for native booting from a partition with OS X installed to it. So I had to type the following into Terminal to replace the EFI partition with a partition that's able to boot OS X:

Code:
[FONT=arial][COLOR=#333333]sudo -s
[/COLOR]diskutil list
[COLOR=#333333]newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/disk'X's'X'                                                (Replace 'X' with drive/partition number)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]mkdir /Volumes/EFI[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]mount_hfs /dev/disk'X's'X' /Volumes/EFI                                   (Replace 'X' with drive/partition number)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]cd /Volumes/'NameofInstallationDrive*/u[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]*sr/standalone/i386[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk'X'                                                  (Replace 'X' with drive number)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk'X's'X'                                                (Replace 'X' with drive/partition number)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]cp boot /Volumes/EFI/[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]fdisk -e /dev/rdisk'X'[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]p[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]f 'X'                                                                                             (Replace 'X' with EFI partition number)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]w[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]y[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]quit[/COLOR]
[/FONT]

This effectively makes the "EFI" partition created when OS X is installed into a bootable partition for OS X to use *THIS ONLY APPLIES TO HASWELL BASED ASUS BOARDS*

Thanks for the write-up.

I found the part where you explained how to make the drive bootable quite vague. Should I assume that "drive/partition" always = the partition OS X is installed on?

Can i just replace the VooDooTSCSync.kext (6-core) with a VoodooTSCSync.kext for the 5960x and still use all of the terminal code, or are there something that are needed to be changed up ???

I have a Asus X99 Deluxe, 5960x and as 980 ti together with 64 gb of ram

How do I do my install

Every thankful for all help and support, even the smallest

I'm noticing in Yosemite with WiFi transferring files for a back up at 7-8MB/s my bluetooth started to get slow and the mouse would jump around. Randomly the trackpad would disconnect. My backup mouse (wired) works fine though so I figure the two must have a little conflict that needs to get sorted out.

Got Audio up via VoodooHDA. Attempted other commands listed and got the audio devices to show up, but was not getting sound so I abandoned the effort.

My 970GTX is up and running but I had to uncheck Inject Nvidia in clover or not all my video ports worked.

I still randomly get a "Couldn't allocate runtime area" in Clover but just adding a "-v" boot arg seems to fire the system up.

Can i just replace the VooDooTSCSync.kext (6-core) with a VoodooTSCSync.kext for the 5960x and still use all of the terminal code, or are there something that are needed to be changed up ???

I have a Asus X99 Deluxe, 5960x and as 980 ti together with 64 gb of ram

How do I do my install

Every thankful for all help and support, even the smallest

update: see this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...amsung-4k-asus-x99-e-ws-clover-efi-sm951.html

fraans97,

I tried for weeks getting my Asus x99 / 5960x system working and was never successful. Finally decided to try another chip I had, the 5820k and it worked right away...Unibeast, bootfags: npci=0x2000 -v -cpus=1

As of this date, I haven't read about anyone with Asus x99 + 5960x being successful in installing Yosemite. Hopefully soon though! note: this seems be the case with 10.10.4 as some have actually been successful with 10.10.3

- scruff

So everythings solid for me except this random "Couldn't allocate runtime area" which appears to be something to do with OsxAptioDrv, or OsxAptioFix2Drv and or OsxLowMemFixDrv. It's totally random.. get 4 good boots, then get 6 fails in a row.

I also found Bluetooth to be buggy if Wifi gets maxed out transferring so I think I'll use my IOGear adaptor instead.

What System Definitions are you guys using with this 6,2 or 15,1? I am thinking of building myself a 6 core system because I use a lot of stuff in Pro Tools a long with Vienna Ensemble Pro.

I have a successful ASUS X99 Deluxe with 5930x build :)

Main things that tripped me up were:

• Dual booting - I have a Samsung SM951 M.2 as my boot drive and these only support UEFI booting. UEFI Windows will only install on a GUID partition table, but all the guides say to format your windows partitions in OSX's Disk Utility as FAT/MS-DOS - if you do this then Disk Utility tries to be helpful and creates a hybrid MBR/GUID table which the UEFI windows installer sees as MBR and refuses to install. My workaround was to only create the OSX partition in Disk Utility and to create the Windows partitions (I'm tripple booting into Win 7 and Win 10) in the windows installer itself thus ensuring that Disk Utility would create a 100% GUID PT. That lost me about a day - hope this info saves someone the bother :)

• My GTX980 needed “nVidia Injection” turned on in the clover boot menu in order to work - took me a while to stumble upon that solution (this is my first Hackintosh)

• I couldn't get the MacPro6,1 profile to work (even with the graphics fix discussed in that doc) so I'm on 5,1

• I don't have sleep enabled because the graphics card wont come back from that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back